* MySQL Can't Create File...

[[email protected] sql]# mysql -u root -p nuke < Forum.sql
    Enter password:
    ERROR 1 at line 6: Can't create/write to file './nuke/nuke_access.frm' (Errcode: 13)
    It took me a bit to figure out what was going on. It turns out that the file it's trying to create is it's raw database file. "mysql -u root -p nuke" gives me a shell and works fine; Forum.sql appears to work fine. (The first line creates a table called nuke_access)

I tried creating the file in MySQL by hand... Same error. Which means that it's almost definitely a MySQL problem. All of our partitions have about 200 MB+ free space left; not a ton, but I doubt that MySQL needs 200 MB for a single table.

I was able to go to where MySQL keeps its table 'files' and manually create "nuke_access.frm", but obviously MySQL wasn't too keen on this. (But it ruled out filesystem problems?)

There are exactly 80 tables in the "nuke" database; I'm thinking that somewhere, somehow, there might be a setting for the maximum number of tables, and we're trying to exceed it?

Can someone please tell me what's going on, and how to fix it?

I would try editing the sql file and removing the create database line

Then
    mysqladmin create nukedatabase
    mysql -u root -p -D nukedatabase < Forum.sql
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

[[email protected] sql]# mysql -u root -p nuke < Forum.sql
    Enter password:
    ERROR 1 at line 6: Can't create/write to file './nuke/nuke_access.frm' (Errcode: 13)

The error indicates it is trying to create it in the directory you ran it from - ./nuke/nuke_access.frm - note the ./ at the front.

mysql doesn't have write permisiion there.
    Is there a step in the docs that tells you where you should be to install it?
    What is error code 13 ?
    GUI admin tools have no honor. It is a good day to vi.

Hmm... I think the filepath is relative to where MySQL is running -- I think as far as MySQL as concerned, "." is /var/lib/mysql/

But I copied Forum.sql to /var/lib/mysql/nuke and tried again -- the error was exactly the same.