Thread: PlanetPayment

Is PlanetPayment merchant account or 3rd party processor?
    I've searched the WHT, and i found alot of negative thoughts about PP, are they realy that bad?

How often they deposite money? How long does it take to set up an account with them?

Thank You.

Tacoma, Washington
    Planet Payment is a merchant provider (using, not a third party processor. They system works fine, but support is hopeless. As they market to an international audience that can't use directly you'd assume they'd be quick on their e-mail, but no.. Most tickets go ignored, and you have to call them on the phone to get anything recognized.. Then call them back again to find out why that same issue wasn't fixed, and keep them on the phone till it is.

We've had an account with them for over a year and haven't even bothered to run customers through it yet as I don't believe it's a safe enough route to entrust the stability of our billing system to.

Set up took a while, but not too long. It goes fairly fast if you have a reams of documentation they require at hand.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

they really suck, trust me..
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

We hvane now been some 7 weeks in the process of setting up a planetpayment account. Paper work seems to never arrive, and no one ever seems to respond to any questions asked.

I spend a lot of time on the phone to them trying to get things resolved.

Really really not good
    Web Hosting | Reseller Web Hosting | VPS Hosting | Managed Dedicated Servers
    Real 24x7x365 Support | CPanel/WHM | Softaculous | Domain Names
    Dataflame - Since 2001
    e: sales[at] | w:

Web Hosting Stuff - Over 10,000+ Hosting Companies Listed