Arrow colocation in the Phoenix area?

Does anyone know of any reputable centers in the Phoenix, USA area that they've dealt with, or known of anyone dealing with, that would be a good place to put servers?
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

i think deru.com is there there not bad
    C Code. C code run. Run, code, run...
    Segmentation fault (core dumped).. aww sh!t

They apparently have bought out http://www.weinbar.com/colo.html and http://www.ontimeonline.com/index.php?page=colocation and get their connection from http://www.puregig.net/

Anyone have any experience with any of these people, or have any opinions about them?

Yes, i have had experience with deru/weninbar. They are ROCK solid. They don't do much advertising on here though.

I'm quite pleased with their service. You might be able to do a search on deru (i'm sure you won't find anything negative)

The only other companies other than DERU/weinbar, is multipleimage. But i wouldn't count on them too much. 20+ day network downtime a few months ago. Not really sure how anyone could bear a downtime like that.

I think they are near Phoenix, not sure. But i do know they are in AZ.

You will have to ask them yourself.
    Last edited by clocker1996; 10-17-2002 at 10:19 AM.

thx clocker1996.

i believe multipleimage is out of Tuscon. i'll have to look into deru some more.

I have a server with Atjeu.com -- couldn't be happier:

http://www.atjeu.com

Originally posted by JDMundo
    I have a server with Atjeu.com -- couldn't be happier:

http://www.atjeu.com
    Have you ever been to their data center? My last house was less than a mile from the house they list as their contact address. Any idea where their facility is and if they allow clients to work on their own equipment?

I certainly hope it's not at his house

No, haven't been there, but if you live nearby, giver them a call and tell them you'd like a tour of the facility. Really friendly guys.

> They don't do much advertising on here though.

It's hard for us to compete/advertise against the sub $10/month hosting people here on WHT when we have the providers that we do (or if you will - that Puregig does) - current connectivty is an oc12 to At&T - 2 seperate GigE connections to Level 3, an oc12 to uu.net , and oc-12 to Global Crossing, and oc12 to Sprint, and just for flavor, an oc3 to Qwest (which is going bye bye soon).

That's 4.6 gigabits of real bandwidth.... :-)

Darin
    Last edited by dwayrynen; 10-18-2002 at 09:13 AM.
    [COLOR=royal blue]Deru[/COLOR] Communications
    www.deru.net

Just for the record I did a search for Deru.net and weinber.com here on WHT, and there is enough negative comments there to make me more than weary.

I also went to deru.net for more info (which isn't very informative), and called the phone number listed there and sent them an email. The line just rang.. I called back several times to similar results, each time choosing a different option. The option for customer support rang a few times then went dead. That's more than enough for me to scratch them off my list.

Best of luck in your search.

We are here but on the phone supporting our current customers and selling services to new customers.

Our web site, www.deru.net, is focused on Internet services in general - if you follow the link to the old Weinbar site, it's about as informative as it one can get.

The only inbound message to sales/support/info/noc that is not from a current customer was sent 15 minutes ago.

I guess we'll cross that sales request off our list. :-(

Take care,

Darin
    www.deru.net

Lightbulb Been with Deru for the past year...

I must say that the past year that I've been with Deru has been one of the most enjoyable years of my life. I've been a happy customer if theirs for the past 12 months -- mostly because of Darin's expert help and their awesome network facilities in downtown Phoenix.

If you get the chance, I highly recommend you take a tour of their 'class A' facilities.

The only other places I know of in Phoenix are AT&T (actually in Mesa), and I think Level3 has a location somewhere in the downtown area. Both places will be MUCH more expensive than Deru/PureGig... and they won't give the kind of personal touch that has made my experience such a good one.

Dan
    Dan Esparza
    CagedTornado web services

Check out www.colosource.com

www.colosource has a listing of just about everyone that provides colocation. They also have an area to submit request for qoutes allowing providers to bid for your business.

www.colosource.com

Here is what cam up with for Arizona....

1. Atjeu Publishing LLC - Glendale , Arizona - 623-434-5294
    Atjeu Publishing LLC offers Dedicated and CoLocated hosting at our facilities in Phoenix, Arizona starting at $75/month. We have automatic battery backup and an automatic start and switch natural gas powered generator fo

2. Broadband Laboratories - Tucson, Arizona - 520-622-1173
    Broadband Laboratories is Arizona's leading colocation and connectivity provider. We offer fully redundant colocation facilities as well as up to 1 gigabit metropolitan connections.

3. Comsoltech, Inc. - Phoenix, Arizona - 602-274-6790
    Provides co-locations, dedicated servers, and large scale internet development.

4. Cyber Trails - Phoenix, Arizona - 888-GoCyber
    Established in 1995, Cyber Trails, headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, today is the largest statewide Internet service provider in Arizona. We offer full service Internet solutions and connectivity for residential, busin

5. Downtown Phoenix Technology Exchange - Phoenix, Arizona - c/o (847)412-6239
    120 East Van Buren is the premeir neutral carrier hub in Phoenix and Arizona. This site is served by 19 cariers, including: UUnet, AT&T, Cox, Level(3), TimeWarner, XO, Velocita, and MFN. Purely carrier neutral: Lease a

6. Fourthstage - Phoenix, Arizona - 602-776-6200
    Fourthstage Co-Location Solutions Install your mission critical network equipment inside one of our state-of-the-art, fault-tolerant facilities, and you’ll gain the competitive advantage of being inside the Internet with

7. iBIZ Technology Corporation - Phoenix, Arizona - 800-2340707
    Full colocation facility including web-hosting, dedicated servers and colocation. Our facility has multiple fiber providers, and our NOC is manned 24/7. Our facility is also fully redundant in all areas, and security i

8. Inficad Computing and Design - Phoenix, Arizona - 602-346-2100
    The Standard Co-location account is ideal for business who are seeking a presence on the Internet but do not wish to pay the expenses of setting up a Network Operations Center (N.O.C.). Co-location accounts include enoug

9. Inflow - Phoenix, Arizona - 602-340-8220
    Inflow offers a full suite of premium managed hosting services in 18 Internet Data Centers across the United States and Europe. Inflow's fully-redundant, multi-homed Internet access service comes with a 100% Uptime Serv

10. Internet Commerce & Communications Tucson - Tucson, Arizona - 520 322-6500 x14
    Co-Location service is an alternative to dedicated connection service and is designed for medium and large scale internetworking operations. Customers will benefit not only from our multiple T3s to the Internet backbone

11. Login Internet Technologies, Inc. - Tucson, Arizona - 520 618-3000
    Login Internet Technologies is a premiere data solutions provider offering B2B data solutions to include dedicated T1, T3, and OCX, Frame Relay, Remote Data Recovery, Data Storage, and Data Security solutions. Login prov

12. Ontime Online, Inc. - Phoenix, Arizona - 602-386-0113
    Ontime Online specializes in virtual hosting, dedicated servers, and colocation.

13. Opnix, Inc. - Tempe, Arizona - 480-966-2900
    We offer optimized bandwidth via a proprietary, intelligent route-optimization technology offered with sale of our bandwidth or a network appliance. Colocation facilities are are Phoenix and Tucson. Opnix is an Interne

14. Park Central Executive Data Suites - Phoenix, Arizona - 602-264-5444
    32,000 Square Foot Facility Offering a variety of footprint options at a competitive price. Critical Syatems include: Data Grade HVAC Dual 500 KVA UPS backup power DC Power Plant Generator Backup power 2000 KV

15. Planet Systems - Phoenix, Arizona - 800/887-9897
    PSN's Standard Co-location is for businesses seeking a presence on the Internet but do not wish to pay the expenses of managing a dedicated Internet connection. Co-location includes enough rack space for up to four serve

16. RMI.NET - Denver, Colorodo - 303-672-0716
    Denver-based RMI.NET, Inc., formerly Rocky Mountain Internet, is a national e-commerce and connectivity company focusing on solutions for small and medium-sized businesses. The company specializes in e-business applicat

17. Switch and Data - Phoenix, Arizona - 800-455-9922
    Switch and Data, the leading carrier-neutral colocation provider, with 30 locations nationwide, provides a robust, environmentally controlled platform for the colocation and interconnection of Internet and telecommunicat

18. SwitchX - Phoenix, Arizona - 877-794-8249 x203

19. ViaWest - Phoenix, Arizona - 602-445-3240
    ViaWest specializes in delivering quality broadband access, shared and dedicated server hosting, colocation and managed services consulting to small and medium-sized businesses. We are a regional company serving hosti

20. WebVision - Phoenix, Arizona - 6026851150
    WebVision is a facility-based application/e-commerce service provider, specializing in data-center and collocation services, with connectivity to the top 21 backbones with a private network access point. WebVision has da

good luck
    Kevin Facinelli
    webmaster@colosource.com
    www.colosource.com

Re: Check out www.colosource.com

Originally posted by ksfacinelli
    www.colosource has a listing of just about everyone that provides colocation. They also have an area to submit request for qoutes allowing providers to bid for your business.

www.colosource.com

Here is what cam up with for Arizona....

1. Atjeu Publishing LLC - Glendale , Arizona - 623-434-5294
    Atjeu Publishing LLC offers Dedicated and CoLocated hosting at our facilities in Phoenix, Arizona starting at $75/month. We have automatic battery backup and an automatic start and switch natural gas powered generator fo

2. Broadband Laboratories - Tucson, Arizona - 520-622-1173
    Broadband Laboratories is Arizona's leading colocation and connectivity provider. We offer fully redundant colocation facilities as well as up to 1 gigabit metropolitan connections.

3. Comsoltech, Inc. - Phoenix, Arizona - 602-274-6790
    Provides co-locations, dedicated servers, and large scale internet development.

4. Cyber Trails - Phoenix, Arizona - 888-GoCyber
    Established in 1995, Cyber Trails, headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, today is the largest statewide Internet service provider in Arizona. We offer full service Internet solutions and connectivity for residential, busin

5. Downtown Phoenix Technology Exchange - Phoenix, Arizona - c/o (847)412-6239
    120 East Van Buren is the premeir neutral carrier hub in Phoenix and Arizona. This site is served by 19 cariers, including: UUnet, AT&T, Cox, Level(3), TimeWarner, XO, Velocita, and MFN. Purely carrier neutral: Lease a

6. Fourthstage - Phoenix, Arizona - 602-776-6200
    Fourthstage Co-Location Solutions Install your mission critical network equipment inside one of our state-of-the-art, fault-tolerant facilities, and you’ll gain the competitive advantage of being inside the Internet with

7. iBIZ Technology Corporation - Phoenix, Arizona - 800-2340707
    Full colocation facility including web-hosting, dedicated servers and colocation. Our facility has multiple fiber providers, and our NOC is manned 24/7. Our facility is also fully redundant in all areas, and security i

8. Inficad Computing and Design - Phoenix, Arizona - 602-346-2100
    The Standard Co-location account is ideal for business who are seeking a presence on the Internet but do not wish to pay the expenses of setting up a Network Operations Center (N.O.C.). Co-location accounts include enoug

9. Inflow - Phoenix, Arizona - 602-340-8220
    Inflow offers a full suite of premium managed hosting services in 18 Internet Data Centers across the United States and Europe. Inflow's fully-redundant, multi-homed Internet access service comes with a 100% Uptime Serv

10. Internet Commerce & Communications Tucson - Tucson, Arizona - 520 322-6500 x14
    Co-Location service is an alternative to dedicated connection service and is designed for medium and large scale internetworking operations. Customers will benefit not only from our multiple T3s to the Internet backbone

11. Login Internet Technologies, Inc. - Tucson, Arizona - 520 618-3000
    Login Internet Technologies is a premiere data solutions provider offering B2B data solutions to include dedicated T1, T3, and OCX, Frame Relay, Remote Data Recovery, Data Storage, and Data Security solutions. Login prov

12. Ontime Online, Inc. - Phoenix, Arizona - 602-386-0113
    Ontime Online specializes in virtual hosting, dedicated servers, and colocation.

13. Opnix, Inc. - Tempe, Arizona - 480-966-2900
    We offer optimized bandwidth via a proprietary, intelligent route-optimization technology offered with sale of our bandwidth or a network appliance. Colocation facilities are are Phoenix and Tucson. Opnix is an Interne

14. Park Central Executive Data Suites - Phoenix, Arizona - 602-264-5444
    32,000 Square Foot Facility Offering a variety of footprint options at a competitive price. Critical Syatems include: Data Grade HVAC Dual 500 KVA UPS backup power DC Power Plant Generator Backup power 2000 KV

15. Planet Systems - Phoenix, Arizona - 800/887-9897
    PSN's Standard Co-location is for businesses seeking a presence on the Internet but do not wish to pay the expenses of managing a dedicated Internet connection. Co-location includes enough rack space for up to four serve

16. RMI.NET - Denver, Colorodo - 303-672-0716
    Denver-based RMI.NET, Inc., formerly Rocky Mountain Internet, is a national e-commerce and connectivity company focusing on solutions for small and medium-sized businesses. The company specializes in e-business applicat

17. Switch and Data - Phoenix, Arizona - 800-455-9922
    Switch and Data, the leading carrier-neutral colocation provider, with 30 locations nationwide, provides a robust, environmentally controlled platform for the colocation and interconnection of Internet and telecommunicat

18. SwitchX - Phoenix, Arizona - 877-794-8249 x203

19. ViaWest - Phoenix, Arizona - 602-445-3240
    ViaWest specializes in delivering quality broadband access, shared and dedicated server hosting, colocation and managed services consulting to small and medium-sized businesses. We are a regional company serving hosti

20. WebVision - Phoenix, Arizona - 6026851150
    WebVision is a facility-based application/e-commerce service provider, specializing in data-center and collocation services, with connectivity to the top 21 backbones with a private network access point. WebVision has da

good luck
    Wow, thanks ksfacinelli, that's a lot of helpful info. I'll be busy now! Thanks for the link there too.

Appreciate the post.

You want a tour.

Sure, call us for a tour - right near 101 and I-17 so probably not too far from you - 623-434-5294

Yes you can come work on your own equipment if you want.

Re: colocation in the Phoenix area?

Originally posted by skelley1
    Does anyone know of any reputable centers in the Phoenix, USA area that they've dealt with, or known of anyone dealing with, that would be a good place to put servers?
    Tucson in your area? My uncle owns an isp down there.

Edit: I meant tucson as an option, i know where its at
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Tuscon is a bit far to go in an emergency unfortunately.

My girlfriend works at Amex on 101 and I-17 by the 30plex. My house is about 15-20min from there.

Might have to check out the atjeu facility after comdex.

You live in Pheonix I take it, hell on earth.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Si, 15 minutes south of Lake Pleasant

If I try some colocateds, I'd like to be pretty close.

Love the 80 degree weather we're having BTW!

lmao...I lived in tucson for a long wasborn there in fact them oved to north idaho totally different change. I love arizona and all but its too dang hot. Currently live in sierra vista, its still too dang hot (like 80's 70's sometimes). Thought its been freezing at night, I've lived here only 8 months. People say it snows here?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by skelley1
    Tuscon is a bit far to go in an emergency unfortunately.

My girlfriend works at Amex on 101 and I-17 by the 30plex. My house is about 15-20min from there.

Might have to check out the atjeu facility after comdex.
    Cool! If you go visit Atjeu, let us know what it was like for those of us who have server(s) there and live too far away to pop by. :-)

Thanks!

Inflow has a data center in Phoenix. We have used Inflow for several years for one of our data centers and they provide a superior product. Somewhat pricey, but definately superior.
    Brad @ Xiolink
    XIOLINK. Your data...always within reach.®
    http://www.xiolink.com
    1-877-4-XIOLINK [+01 314 621 5500]

Went to the downtown Deru facility and I was not very impressed. In all fairness though I had visited them soon after my visit to Inflow, which is an extremely impressive facility (though pricey). I'm still touring other facilities and will report on this thread which one I choose.

i gotta get in touch with atjeu to take a look soon, but been kind of busy with Comdex last weekend and Thanksgiving this coming weekend. Family in town now.

Don't want pricey unless i need to. I really like rackforce, but just want a local backup. Don't want to spend much money for just an external backup. Rackforce is fine for backups as a company, but i don't like having my communication and emergency systems in the same facility that my servers are at.

Hi Abmad,

Did you tour both the class A and B facilities? Our class A is probably still not as pretty as Inflow's datacenter, but then it really depends if you want access to multiple oc12's from multiple carriers (like Deru) or go with a company that has much less bandwidth and redundancy (like Inflow).

The class B is definitely for budget minded customers when it comes to environmental conditions, but it still has the best bandwidth in the valley.

For some customers, environmental conditions are the most important, for most others, it's the bandwidth that you are going to be using that is most important.

Darin
    www.deru.net