View Poll Results: What program do you use to create your graphics for your web site?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Photoshop

19 61.29%
  • Illustrator

0 0%
  • Other (please specify below)

12 38.71%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use photoshop 6 and PSP 4.12. Can't say I can do anything with either except add a drop shadow to some text.

I have both Illustrator and Photoshop. I have never found Illustrator to be that great for image editing, so I use Photoshop for that kind of stuff. But Illustrator works great for making logos, styled text and much more stuff. I always seem to find myself using Illustrator much more than photoshop for some odd reason, though.

Either way, I love both of 'em...

Microsoft Image Composer.

Even though it's about 3 years outdated, and it's limited in use, I use this program to create the draft layout of all my websites. I've grown so used to this program that I can whip up a layout in no time. Then I use good 'ole photoshop to finish it up.

Originally posted by Lurker

nice toad, btw.
    Thanks! I looked at a picture in a book about frogs and toads, and drew from that. No scanning or cheating, just drawing. I have done that on paper with paint, so I wanted to find out if it could be done in the computer as well. Had to learn not to look at my hand, but after an hour or so it felt natural using the pen. Great tool!
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

Yeah, that toad is cool :-)

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    shaun.net

Originally posted by Reptilian Feline
    Thanks! I looked at a picture in a book about frogs and toads, and drew from that. No scanning or cheating, just drawing. I have done that on paper with paint, so I wanted to find out if it could be done in the computer as well. Had to learn not to look at my hand, but after an hour or so it felt natural using the pen. Great tool!
    Ha ha, I never thought about that, but I'd totally want to look at my hands too. I bought a Wacom awhile, but haven't used it yet...that's going to take some getting used to I guess.

It's like a doctor friend of mine who was saying when he was first doing some surgery with fiber cameras or whatever, he would want to keep looking at where the action was actually happening instead of turning his head to see the monitor view.

The thing is, you don't look at the mouse when you use it, and that feels VERY natural, but as soon as you're holding a pen, all your instincts tell you to look at your hand. I bought one of the smallest pads, and thought that I would have to lift the pen from it to get to all parts of the screen, but actually the pad is the size of the screen. It's really great to be able to zoom in to an area and work, something you can't do with pen and paper.

Yeah, I guess it's because when we first used a mouse, it was controlling something on the screen whereas with a pen/tablet type thing we all have at least a decade, probably a couple, of habit of using the pen to do work at the end of that pen.

I guess that's the brain's way of optimising CPU usage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12