what the hell is wrong with people

http://go.msn.com/CM/13889/default.a...6/1446852.html

He got a touchdown, signed it, and threw it to someone he knew. Am I missing something, its not like he flicked the other team off or danced for 5 minutes in the endzone. I mean come on.
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

Well, I'm a Niners fan and I thought it was a touch ridiculous. However, I don't think he should be fined or suspended for it. Most reporters like to dig deep into a topic and make it something more than it is. With Owens, everything he does gets attention. My only major gripe about him is that if he doesn't get the ball, he whines to the team about it. Last I checked, the 49ers had 53 men on their roster, not just one. They have never (outside of Ricky Watters) had an unclassy player until maybe now...
    Mark Blair

i don't see a problem with it. i mean, he gave the ball away to a friend. better than him signing it and then auctioning it off for a boatload of cash (do people still pay boatloads of cash for signed sports memorabilia?), in my opinion. but oh well.

Maybe they're pissed because it shows the increased commercialization of the game? I bet they don't like commercialization, especially when it comes to signing autographs in the middle of the game.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

Ya, I think it would have been a bit more 'generous' of him to wait until after the game at least.

And I'm sure it didn't help that he gave it to his financial advisor. The same guy who happens to be the financial advisor of Shawn Springs (the guy he beat for the touchdown). That's why so many people are making a fuss over this.
    Mark Blair

After Latrell Sprewell, nothing surprises me. For this and several other reasons, professional sports is virtually dead in my opinion.

No
    Fun
    League
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

No Fun League is correct, take a look at this article:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/5808865

...Now this is a joke. Of course he wouldn't have gotten that fine if they didn't make such a big deal about him signing the football.
    Mark Blair