what is it with yaBB ?

if the server is down for a micro second and some member posts, all the info is wiped from that particular area of the board

why does it do this ?

what good is it ?

Sorry, I can't help you, except this tiny bit of advice.
    Did you know it is banned from a lot of hosts for being to server intensive?
    So ditch it and get phpBB, invision, XMB, or vbulletin.
    I know it isn't what you want to hear, but it's been my experience that software that "freaks out" like that needs more than a patch.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

so it's a fault in the yaBB itself ?

needing " more than a patch" ?

Which version of Yabb? Yabb SE is php/mysql based, a pretty good forum from what I have heard. It's Yabb Gold or whatever the PERL flatfile name is that sucks so badly.

I don't have any personal experience with anything but phorum, so I can't really help you, but I suggest going to Yabb's website and asking in their support forums.

yaBB 1 gold

no good ?

I wouldn't say it's no good being that I have never used it, but I will say that in my opinion, flatfile databases really suck. Ever tried to perform a search on a large UBB or Ikonboard? Yikes, it takes forever.

As the previous poster stated, you have some great free php/mysql options. My suggestion, is if you have the time, get a good book on php/mysql web development...you'd be surprised how quickly you will learn php. Then you can write your own forum, news, etc, and have total control of your website.