privacyguard.com, freecreditreport.com

Anyone here ever try these websites? It would be nice to know what all is on my credit report and to know who all has looked at it etc.

Yeah, I wanna put my personal info online at a company that spams.
    Who knows who'll they will sell it to? I have an idea . . . .
    people with good credit get: Tons more mail from morgage and credit card companies.
    People with bad credit get: Tons more mail for credit repair and those places that guaruntee you'll get a credit card. (you have to first pay them a $250 fee, and get a bank account with them)
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Originally posted by ATST
    people with good credit get: Tons more mail from morgage and credit card companies.
    People with bad credit get: Tons more mail for credit repair and those places that guaruntee you'll get a credit card.
    So true. I think it's a good way to gauge the success of your life financially to see what junk mail you get Amex sent me an application for a Gold Business card last week so I guess I'm doing ok. Of course part of the reason I'm doing ok is that I shred mail that offers me things like gold credit cards from Amex

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Local station did a story on them.

It's a big scam...to get that free credit report you have to signup with a privacy guard service. You can cancel within 30 days but many people forget and don't. Even then they still charge you for it and you have to go through the dispute/refund process afterwards.

A regular credit report is only about 8-10 bucks depending on the state via the $39.95 or so charge the privacyguard ppl try and stick you with.