Thread: Please Review

Please Review

www.multi-cap.com

I am wondering what others think about my design and if any improvements can be made.
    Ricky Lipe
    Just Thinking About U Because sometimes... you just can't help thinking about them.
    I Forgot 2 Tell You Because there is always at least one thing you forgot to tell them.

Hi Multi-Cap,

Try adding some images and a little color thru the rest of the design. Right now, it's really just a header and text. The header is nice, links are nice. Spice it up a little and bring some creativity into it.

Good luck!

I agree, some images or a design element brought into the site would help it out a lot. I'm not sure about the font though, Garamond is iffy for websites.
    Kevin Hauge
    Modern Leaf Design
    http://www.modernleaf.com

Maybe some rollover images for the links would be good.

Garamond font would really only look good on an Apple related website as they used a mod version called Apple Garamond.

I agree with the above posts. Since you header has no imagery you could have it as a gif instead of a jpg. It should cut down on the file size and not be so distored around the lettering.

I have updated the site with imagery and also changed the font, please let me know about any other enhancements or changes that could be made to make it better. Also, tell me about picture placement, I'm not sure if they are in good spots.
    Ricky Lipe
    Just Thinking About U Because sometimes... you just can't help thinking about them.
    I Forgot 2 Tell You Because there is always at least one thing you forgot to tell them.

If not backward, you just went sideways. For the font, try using arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif or something similar.

As for as images, it looks out of place, just floating there.

Take a look at other WHT members sites to get some design ideas. Visit www.templatemonter.com and look through their templates for some ideas on image/graphic placement and use.

That is why I didn't use images in the first place. I never liked them, on other sites I look at they look good, but mine is different. I don't like using images because they take up loading time, space, and distract the user from looking at what you want them to look at.
    Ricky Lipe

We are a small e-commerce business who started out as a different company. We used to be Degtur Solutions but have changed names due to reasons unmentionable.
    Saying something like that in your "About Us" section would hardly inspire confidence.

I will be upfront and harsh, the layout looks pre-1998ish.

1.) The "Products" and "Services" link on the front page almost blend in with the regular text. Try a different 'active' link color.

2.) I would highly avoid using a non-default font. You used the "Love Parade" font, which not everyone has. Try going with: Arial, Sans-serif, or Verdana. Even if you do have the font for download, it's unlikely the visitor will install it just so they can view your website correctly.

- [email protected] -

Originally posted by Multi-Cap
    That is why I didn't use images in the first place. I never liked them, on other sites I look at they look good, but mine is different. I don't like using images because they take up loading time, space, and distract the user from looking at what you want them to look at.
    Keyword: Balance

Look at the sites of other members of WHT, get ideas. Along with function and content it also needs to be visually appealing.

Balancing these three factors is what makes a site.

I also have to agree with progex and hostjet's comments.

Okay, I have changed fonts, and changed color schemes (in a way). Other than the lack of images, what else could be done?
    Ricky Lipe

I've sent you a pm, i hope that helps!!!