* Where shall I get servers?

I'm looking to establish a good hardware source with a company (preferred) or an individual. I'm certianly not the biggest hardware guru, but I do need fast, reliable machines that will be used for servers. These servers will be running either Windows 2000 Server or some form of Linux or Slackware. I obviously need a very quick processor, a GB or so of RAM, and a minumum of about 50 GB of HD space, altho more is cool. Cheap CDROM, no monitor, no keyboard, no mouse, just the box. Customizing them online would be nice, but not vital.

Most importantly I'd like to mod them with stuff from PCMods.com, including cases, lighting, custom windows, fans, etc. I would like this to be done before I get the boxes so all I have to do is plug everything in and install the OS. Real Estate is not a problem so the bigger the boxes the more impressive they look.

Anyone?
    NxTek Solutions Inc - www.nxtek.net
    Award-winning Hosting, Development, and Ecommerce Solutions
    Locally-owned and operated Datacenter since 1999
    There is no best pizza, only the pizza that's right for you.

You are going to custom-mod your cases on SERVERS ??

I could see using an aluminum case (to aid in heat removal), but unless you plan on running tour groups through a server room, I dont see how neon lights or an in-case fishtank would do anything but cost extra money.

Yep, we not only plan on doing it, we've done it in the past. Temperature isn't a problem, there's a huge old cooling unit in there that we can crank down to 50. It reaches it in about 3 minutes. Too chilly for me.
    NxTek Solutions Inc - www.nxtek.net
    Award-winning Hosting, Development, and Ecommerce Solutions
    Locally-owned and operated Datacenter since 1999
    There is no best pizza, only the pizza that's right for you.

What is the purpose of making your web servers look cool? The lights will just eat up power.

Marketing?

Same reason Alienware computers are HUGELY popular.

Except you will rarely see the servers. Who are you going to impress? The data center tech's?
    Domain Software, LLC.

It is possible that he will be placing the servers in a location that the public can view such as an internet cafe. I don't recall him saying he needed servers for webhosting, just servers
    -={ Dagger Hosting }=-
    -={ http://www.daggerhosting.com }=-

suppose he offers live webcams of his dc =]
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters