Thread: Phone Headset

Phone Headset

I just bought a new $70 telephone (cordless), that has three voicemail boxes (someone can input *1,*2,*3). I also bought a headset ($13) that attaches to the receiver.

Before I start taking in calls from customers, I'd like to know if the person on the other side can hear me clear / loud enough with me using the headset. So, hey, if you want to call me today, here's my phone number (the phone number will be on the website soon, so I'm not worried about letting people know the phone number on the forums, obviously).

(209) 745-0405
    DatacenterHardware.com
    Remote Power Switch / Switched PDU

While were talking about buy equipment for web hosting or ISP - type businesses ... does anyone know where there are good prices for equipment like copy machines?

I've taken a look at a few at greenlightoffice.com:

http://www.greenlightoffice.com/prod...?block=2016904

http://www.greenlightoffice.com/prod...?block=2016828

That first URL shows a copy machine for $266.76, anyone know of any copy machines for less money? I'll probably just end up going to a local Office Maxx or Office Depot if I really am that interested in buying a copy machine. Or maybe Wal-Mart would have some.
    DatacenterHardware.com

Can we call collect from China??

Originally posted by GoldenWeb
    Can we call collect from China??

I knew someone was going to bring up collect calls! haha

Sure you can ... I'll just say NO. Anyone else who is NOT from China? lol

Originally posted by Benjamin

I knew someone was going to bring up collect calls! haha

Sure you can ... I'll just say NO. Anyone else who is NOT from China? lol
    You'll also know if the headset works from that based on how well you hear the operator and whether or not they understand your reply.

Hal

Heh, I'm not from China. I was j/k.

Do you even know how to say "NO" in chinese to the operator?

I was only kidding too. Nope, I don't know any Chinese.

I'd probably just hang up if that situation ever happened.

Thanks Bob and Hal for giving me hassle.
    DatacenterHardware.com

It has been 24 hrs exactly since my post asking someone, anyone to call my phone number.

Guess what? Nowone called ... not a single sole!
    DatacenterHardware.com

I ain't sure of my english is that good to start a conversation via the phone. So, sorry
    You're reading my signature, can't you do something useful?

I tried but got voice mail....

anyone know of any copy machines for less money?
    If you're really looking to save money then you could always rig a scanner up to your printer
    Jeremy [email protected]
    Front Drive Advanced multi-domain hosting solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

if someone calls collect from china to the US, they usually get shot before the call goes through =]
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Originally posted by Chris Marks
    I tried but got voice mail....
    Sorry about that -- was outside trying to use the headset outside attached to the fire hydrant. (joke ... haha)

Yeah, the voice mail is pretty professional (that's the one that came with the phone with the big-voiced guy). Although it isn't personalized with the company (like saying the company's name). But the thing is -- I wouldn't sound quite as good as that big-voiced guy. Anyone know how I can hire a big-voice guy to do my message? LOL Thanks Chris for calling!

Originally posted by tribby

If you're really looking to save money then you could always rig a scanner up to your printer
    Most of my documents come off the computer anyway, so I might as well just use the printer. I think copy machine ink cartridges cost a lot more than printers... so I guess it wouldn't really be that cost effective to even have a copy machine.

Course if someone sent me a check for services, I'd probably want to copy that on the copy machine ... but I guess that's where the scanner comes in, lol.

Re: Phone Headset

I just bought a new $70 telephone (cordless), that has three voicemail boxes (someone can input *1,*2,*3). I also bought a headset ($13) that attaches to the receiver.

Before I start taking in calls from customers, I'd like to know if the person on the other side can hear me clear / loud enough with me using the headset. So, hey, if you want to call me today, here's my phone number (the phone number will be on the website soon, so I'm not worried about letting people know the phone number on the forums, obviously).

(209) 745-0405
    What kind of phone is it? I have a phone just like that.
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

Re: Re: Phone Headset

Originally posted by ljprevo

What kind of phone is it? I have a phone just like that.
    AT&T 2.4 GHz (model 1455)

Wal-Mart had an AT&T 900 MHz for less money, but it didn't have the little display on the receiver that showed the time/date, who's calling (if I choose to have caller id), etc.

I've heard the new 2.4 GHz actually isn't really any better than the 900 MHz phones (according to Consumer Reports magazine).

There were also a lot of other cordless phones from different companies that provided voice mail, but I *think* (not positive) that the AT&T two phones there were the only ones with three individual voice mail boxes. Or if they did have it, it was more expensive.

Before when I went shopping for phones, I'd always go for the cheapest one, but the only thing about doing that, is those phones never have the features that I want ... simple things like changing the ringing volume/sounds or if they have a headset jack. Its amazing how many cordless and w/ cord phones that don't have headset jacks -- you'd think that would automatically be put on there! I still don't always get all the features I really want with phones -- even expensive ones.

Same exact phone I have, man this is a small world.

Read this:

http://www.epinions.com/AT_T_2_4_Ghz...Waiting___1455
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

According to that URL you posted, the lowest price seen is $64.99. I can't believe it, I paid $69.96 at Wal-Mart ... and I thought Wal-Mart was supposed to be the cheapest around? I'd sure like to know who is selling it for $64.99. I'd only be saving $4.97, but I am still shocked that Wal-Mart isn't the cheapest! wow.
    DatacenterHardware.com

Looks like it is Etronics.com that is selling it for $64.99. The shipping and handling would probably safely cover the $4.97.
    DatacenterHardware.com

Thumbs up

Phone came in loud and clear! Professional and quality sounding.

-WC-

Originally posted by WildCard
    Phone came in loud and clear! Professional and quality sounding.

-WC-
    WildCard, thanks for the phone call! I enjoyed the conversation. The headset worked great after I turned up the volume (I hadn't tried it yet with the proper volume before).