Thread: Windows Problem

Windows Problem

My aunt, who lives in another state, is freaking out about a problem with her computer. Of course, guess who gets the call for help. Here are her words (she is not very computer savvy):

She can't get mail to open up every time.
    Every time she clicks on something, a box pops up which has "File" and "Edit" in it.
    Another box pops up saying:
    --cs host message-----name=error number= 2146827859 description= automationserver can't create abject message= automation server can't create object
    I did a search in Google groups on 2146827859 and found about 5 questions on the subject, but no answers.

I also searched on the Microsoft site, but it was a no-go.

My aunt, against my advice, cancelled her ISP account and opened one with AOL. She was sure it was the ISP's fault. Well, AOL did not help. Surprise, Surprise.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Lamar
    Going out of business in our 10th year.

Someone thought it was some spyware problem, some one else thought it might be fixed with an IE repair.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

I can't find anyone that can nail this one down for sure.

Several people have told me that it looks like a virus has been loaded, but I can't match the errors with any of them.
    Going out of business in our 10th year.

OK... the same number shows up in VBscript errors as well, from what I read. It seems like a pretty new problem, so maybe no one have fixed it yet. Have you tried antivirus scanning? If you go to my website there is a link to a free online scanner that I use when I'm worried about a problem. They have pretty good solutions to the viruses as well, if it is un-cleanable.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard