question about merchant accounts...

heres the situation:

say i have an inc called AAA Inc. Under it, i have 2 DBAs, BBB and CCC operating in 2 different markets. if a product is bought from BBB, i want the customer to be billed by BBB and not AAA inc. same for CCC. in order to accomplish this, i would need 2 merchant accounts, one for BBB and another for CCC.

is this assumption correct?

moreover, if i were to get a merchant account under AAA inc, i could bill customers of BBB and CCC with the name AAA inc. or am i wrong?

thanks.

rlynch, your assumption on your first question is correct, you would need 2 merchant accounts. One for BBB and another for CCC to bill them seperately.

As for question #2, not sure. Maybe someone else can eloborate.....

Make that <elaborate>...

Re: question about merchant accounts...

Originally posted by rlynch
    heres the situation:

moreover, if i were to get a merchant account under AAA inc, i could bill customers of BBB and CCC with the name AAA inc. or am i wrong?

thanks.
    Yes, you could probably do that, but be ready for a lot of chargebacks. We used to do business as VirtualStorefronts.com (Company BBB), but our company name was Interactive Online Corporation (Company AAA). My largest file folder in my office is the one that says 'Chargebacks'.

Many of the chargebacks were just customers who were confused. The web site said COMPANY BBB, but their credit card statement said COMPANY AAA. It wasn't until I built our company around the domain name InteractiveOnline.net (COMPANY AAA) did the chargebacks decrease. I also signed up for a merchant account that shows our name as 'InteractiveOnline.net' on their credit card statement instead of 'Interactive Online Corporation' so they can go directly to the site if they have any questions about the charges. Hope that helps

hmm ok

so u would recommned me to get 2 seperate accounts

If I had COMPANY A, B & C I would get a separate account for each one just so my customers would not get confused. I just remember that handling chargebacks was a waste of my time.

cool

if u dont mind me asking, whod u get ur merchant accoutn from? im thinking wells fargo since theres a branch fairly close by

Total Merchant Services. Excellent.