Cannot read POP email via OE

My client suddenly cannot read their email via Outlook EXpress, but they still can enter their email server via WEBMAIL (we use OpenWebmail)
    Any body can help me about this?
    Thank you

What error(s) does your client get?

error open with Outlook Express : Password fail! (similar like this) --> my client said the password is no wrong, so he still can enter via webmail.
    thank you

Cannot read POP email via OE

I am facing the same problem, 2 things are for sure and the third almost looks like the cause.

1) Installation of latest patched and O/S update 2.01
    2) Big sized mail with Attachments
    3) Klez / corrupted e-mail header

The moment my box starts getting mails infected with klez the mailbox starts giving an Envelopes error and stops access via a client it would still work thru webmail.

I am close to a view that if you need to invite DOS attacks on yr RAQ you should install O/S update and wait for klez.

I have been given solutions like deteting the oldest mail which shall always have an attachment / klez whenever this problem occurs but it dont work for me cuz my Catch-All boxes get mails virtually every minute.

BTW has anyone used a good email filtering s/w for RAQ, suggestions would be lovely

I have the same problem (see my thread problems problems).

Klez is probably not the cause since my virusscanner filters these messages.

Big sized mail..? could be.

I have the problem on only one server, a identical Raq3 is having no problems, so if it is thepatch that causes this??

Dutchie,
    you said :
    > Klez is probably not the cause since my virusscanner filters these messages.

What S/W (email filtering/ virus scanner) you use on your Raq?

If Klez is causing that error then I am blessed, as I get 5 or 6 e-mails with Klez in them a day and I still can download all my mail, using a RAQ for a mailserver.

For that matter, I also get lots of large files in e-mail as well as having webmail set up for my account.

And the server is patched to the latest version of the OS, to the best of my knowledge.

Are we sure there isn't something else wrong, like a partially downloaded message that got stuck in there?

I confuse with this problem...this happen in our both server : Raq3 & Raq4.
    Typically happen on a USER with almost full qoute or have many emails inside (more than 5- emails) !... this happen on some website's clients...just several clients but make headache!

KLEZ couldnt be it, you are right but Big sized mail yes, the affected account is the most heavily used with approx 1000 mails and may of them with attachments.

All in all it is decided that the main cause is Patching of the server with latest updated and gets triggered with big size mail and a heavy traffix on a particular box.

I have many boxes on that domain just the catch-all box gets effected every 1 or 2 days and I create another user with catchall settings and disable the catchall on the previous one :-((

IS ANYBODY FROM SUN LISTENING!!!!!!!!!!

This is error when my cleint try to receive email via Outlook Express (using Webmail is no problem) :

"There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was
    rejected. Account: 'mail.xxxx.com', Server: 'mail.xxxx.com',
    Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [SYS/TEMP] maillock error 3:
    '/var/spool/mail/stk'', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
    0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92"

Who can help me?