Angry Aletia Refunds-2 months and waiting.

I emailed Aletia Hosting now taken over by Jaguar about getting a refund back on the 28/08/2002. I have been told by Greg Landis the admin of Jaguar PC and now Aletia that the refund has been processed. It still has not been refunded to my credit card. And numerous emails are left unanswered.

A copy of the email is below:

Sent: Wednesday, 28 August 2002 6:27 AM
    To: Chris Freeman
    Subject: Re: [Aletia] Ticket T-51511 Changed

Hi Chris,
    Please tell us your site name and order ID number. We are sorry to see
    you go and wish you the best of luck.

Regards,
    Greg -

> I have been with Aletia since March this year, during this time the
    > site has gone down several times, one instance for nearly a week. It
    > constantly goes up and down during the week and it seems the system I
    > have been on is unstable. I have asked for compensation for this
    > downtime and heard nothing. I have asked to have the site moved to a
    > different server and done nothing. I even paid 2 days in advance for
    > extra bandwidth because I knew i would go over, and the site went
    > down..
    >
    >
    > Because of all this, I would like Aletia Hosting to disconnect my
    > account with them, and credit back to my credit card the amount for
    > the remainder of my hosting as I have paid in advance. Unfortunately
    > my site is getting bigger and bigger and the increase in cost for
    > hosting ie bandwidth and the downtime I cant have anymore. I have been
    > sponsored by another hosting company and have updated my DNS records
    > for the change. Could you please issue a refund asap.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Chris

The problem thickens.. I was still getting charged for extra bandwidth every month and incurring international currency exchange fees because of it. After contacting Paysytems they stopped the fees. But I have not been refunded for those either.

On the 3rd October I emailed Aletia yet again and was told that my account was still active and had not been disconnected as said by Greg Landis of Aletia. I am quite upset with the way things have been done and don't know what else to do. Numerous emails to Greg and Aletia go unanswered. What next?

Thanks for your help.

I know there have been some changes in their company, have you tried to call them?
    Ryan Kekos GearHost - HostingCon Advisory Board and Speaker
    PaaS Cloud for .NET and PHP Developers
    100% real cloud - all apps/sites live in web farm clusters, all SSD, etc.
    Signup for 100 Domains & 100 Databases - No credit card required

Im in Australia bit hard..

Well I'm sure they will get your message now that it's on WHT. One question though when did you reply to their email? It looks like they need some info from you to process the refund.
    Ryan Kekos GearHost - HostingCon Advisory Board and Speaker
    PaaS Cloud for .NET and PHP Developers
    100% real cloud - all apps/sites live in web farm clusters, all SSD, etc.
    Signup for 100 Domains & 100 Databases - No credit card required

The info was sent to them. Several times. Email was responded the day I received it.

Chris,
    Ive responded to you several times. I did process the refund, now whats taking paysystems so long to get it to you is anyones guess. Prior to Aletia Ive had 0 (ZERO) experience with paysystems.

Anyone else here use paysystems and know how to get results from them? I also have a ticket/question of my own Ive opened with them twice and still cant get any help on. I feel bad for anyone that has to rely on paysystems.
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

Looking at this it isnt my problem. I paid Aletia and am awaiting a refund from you guys. I am yet to receive one cent.

The refunds for 2 sets of bandwidth and for the unused hosting is yet to be refunded.

What can i do about it?

freemchr,

It seems like Jag is trying to do all he can about it. I think we all understand your frustration, but Jag is highly respected in the hosting industry, and just took over Aleita. From what I understand he has issued you a refund, but the third-party payment processor who took your credit card information has yet to process the refund. Hopefully you two can work this out, but it might be helpful if you contacted PaySystems directly and explained the situation, Im sure there is a phone number on the statement. If its long distance, maybe fire off an email to PaySystems with your order ID and all that good information and see if they can be of some help.

http://www.paysystems.com and then clicking on CONTACT US at the top bar gives you several ways to contact them, including an international toll-free number.

Good luck, and I hope you two can work things out.

No problem Ill see what I can do. Sorry if im frustrated but it seems that im not getting anywhere at all. It is really annoying.

Jag is it possible that you call and ask why it is taking so long to reach the customer?

Originally posted by freemchr
    Jag is it possible that you call and ask why it is taking so long to reach the customer?
    Yes I can, I will call them tomorrow. If its any consolation, they just now resolved an issue I tried to get taken care of about a month ago.

I really feel for those that have to use paysystems for a real business with decent revenue.
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

Thanks alot.. its really appreciated.

Unhappy

Just wondering have you had a response from them? Im still waiting for the refund.

Chris,
    They said the same thing I posted before. To quote the refund error:

"Errors: Refund has already been processed."

And this was for order id ending in 7763 . You may want to open a ticket with them yourself as well. They did take teh money from us and they say they processed the refund. Im not sure what else we can do .

Well they havent responded to several emails of mine. Not sure what the hell is going on

How do I open a ticket with them? Ive sent several emails and are yet to even have a response.. What did they say? did you explain to them the customer is still waiting.. and that it hasnt hit the customers account yet?

Yes, I sent you an email just now before we get slapped around for using WHT for support.

Just wondering what is happening Greg? I've emailed you a few times and have sent you the required information but still no response.

Let me know.

Thanks

Chris,
    I dont really know what else to tell you, Ive replied to countless emails of yours already. As mentioned before the refund was already processed and taken from our account so I know it went through.

The refund for what? You have not told me what refund was completed. The only refund you say you know of is the $8 for the bandwidth. What about the unused hosting?

Can't you just send him a cheque?

If that doesn't work do a chargeback Chris, as your approaching the time that they allow you to do chargeback.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Myacen,

You got to be kidding me. This could all be settled rather quickly if the client just called up the third party processor and asked directly for their refund. Toll free international numbers are available on the website, and I posted information about them earlier. For a hosting company (like yourself) to respond urging a chargeback when all other avenues were not explored, thats just irresponsible.

I have tried to call the company numerous times to no avail. I cant even get through. This is my only avenue at the moment.

Originally posted by TheMMIz
    Myacen,

You got to be kidding me. This could all be settled rather quickly if the client just called up the third party processor and asked directly for their refund. Toll free international numbers are available on the website, and I posted information about them earlier. For a hosting company (like yourself) to respond urging a chargeback when all other avenues were not explored, thats just irresponsible.
    Hey buddy,

If you don't know the story keep out of it , we have been helping Chris receive this refund for quite a while now. I have discussed the chargeback with him on several occasions.

Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

I agree. This has been going on now since August. Surely it does not take that long for anyone to get a refund.

If we processed the charge it wouldnt be a problem. The order id chris is referring to is one that aletia processed back in March of this year....long before we were even remotely on the scene. Anyway, since that charge is beyond the 6month mark he cant do a chargeback so thats why Ive been struggling with the paysystems refund process but chris says he still hasnt received the refund we've processed.

Actually I have spoken to my bank today and they can do a chargeback. As the service was meant to be for a year.

You also explained to me in an email that "And the order 721953598 shows as voided and $0 so we cant refund anything on that as mentioned
    before."

This to me means that you have not even attemped to refund the unused hosting for the remainder of the year.

Originally posted by Jag

I really feel for those that have to use paysystems for a real business with decent revenue.
    Wow, that's quite a statement. You don't run a real business?

I had my own horror stories with Aletia, but thankfully realized very soon that I made a terrible mistake by signing up with them. It's amazing that anyone still takes a chance with those guys..

Originally posted by freemchr
    Actually I have spoken to my bank today and they can do a chargeback. As the service was meant to be for a year.

You also explained to me in an email that "And the order 721953598 shows as voided and $0 so we cant refund anything on that as mentioned
    before."

This to me means that you have not even attemped to refund the unused hosting for the remainder of the year.
    Attempted as in what, not even looked into ? Not sure if you know how paysystems works or not. Perhaps you have the wrong order ID # but if the amount charged is $0 , then there is nothing we can refund .As for your $8 invoices those were refunded and are marked as such in paysystems. Im tired of going between email, pm's , and this board though...can we stick to one method please.

Paysystems has been falling down on the job, I know several people that are struggling to keep from pissing off their customers by errors in the paysystems system. Jag is telling the truth here
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Originally posted by morphinelips

Wow, that's quite a statement. You don't run a real business?

I had my own horror stories with Aletia, but thankfully realized very soon that I made a terrible mistake by signing up with them. It's amazing that anyone still takes a chance with those guys..
    Yes, we run a real business.... what else would it be? a fake business? We use our own processor and merchant system, billing system, and db. I feel sorry for anyone that uses paysystems for their business like aletia did before we came along.

Deal with Paysystems, give them a call and they should be able to resolve the issue for you, or at least get you your money back. Send me a message if you need there number.

Best of luck. I hope this get resolved for you

Greg,

This is what was emailed to me when i signed up.

PaySystems.com Payment Receipt

Please note that Order #721953598 is a recurring transaction. This order will be charged to your credit card every 360 days.

Company: Aletia Corporation
    Product: Essential Web Hosting Package
    Description: <b>Essential Web Hosting Package</b><br>
    Annual billing cycle w/no setup fee
    Order ID: 721953598
    Total Charged: 95.40USD
    Authorization Code: 000000
    Reccurring Transaction: Y
    Reccurring Amount: 95.4USD
    Cycle: 360

The charge will appear as PaySystems.com, Inc. on your credit card statement. You may review order status online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by visiting http://secure.paysystems1.com/cardholder

PaySystems.com, Inc.

This is all the information i have. And I have bank account statements saying that this amount was billed to my credit card.

Chris,
    Im not trying to lie to you here....I can not refund something we dont have in paysystems. Im attaching a screenshot of your order ID as listed in paysystems. Note the "void" and "0" for amount collected. Also , note the action column lacks any options, usually there is a can there to remove recurring transactions and a red "R" to refund a charge...but we cant refund zero.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image2.jpg  

What it comes down to is we either need a valid order Id we can refund against. Once I find a valid charge we can send a check for those months of the charge your due or you can try a chargeback for those months you are due.

I have a credit card statement showing the amount charged.
    I am planning on calling paysystems in the morning.

I will let you know what happens. Failure to them resolving anything i will have no choice but to force a refund, which i have spoken to the credit card team at my bank.

Understood. I just wanted to show you that on our end, it would appear your not the only one being bent over by paysystems.