For Sale: Reseller plan with 293 accounts

Hello,

First I would like to stress that this IS NOT for Clicknet Solutions or any of our customers. This is for a reseller plan at Donhost that currently has 293 accounts.

All accounts are paid on an annual basis and are coming due between 10/24/02 and 5/10/03.

All accounts are on plans with 50MB of disk space and 2000MB of bandwidth. Customers paid anywhere from $18 to $20 a year.

This comes with the Donst reseller account, which is paid for through 2/25/03 and the 293 accounts currently hosted there. There is no domain name or design.

We cannot guarantee that people will renew. We will provide you with all customer info we have, including the e-mail address they signed up for the account with.

We are looking for offers $500 and up to begin the bidding. Ultimately we would like to sell for $2000 plus. We would like to complete the sale in the next three days.

If you have any questions please PM me.

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Last edited by Andyc; 10-15-2002 at 05:55 PM.

I am just curious, as I can't handle some almost 300 extra customers right now, especially at those prices.

If there is no domain name, what are these people using for nameservers? Thats a lot of people to notify to change their nameservers.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Hello,

Good question. They are using the Donhost nameservers. It does come with a domain name which has been used but I do not own, however the person letting me use it is going to let it expire so whoever buys this can do as they please. Some customers do use it for their mailserver.

Andrew

Re: For Sale: Reseller plan with 293 accounts

Originally posted by Andyc
    Hello,

First I would like to stress that this IS NOT for Clicknet Solutions or any of our customers. This is for a reseller plan at Donhost that currently has 293 accounts.

All accounts are paid on an annual basis and are coming due between 10/24/02 and 5/10/03.

All accounts are on plans with 50MB of disk space and 2000MB of bandwidth. Customers paid anywhere from $18 to $20 a year.

This comes with the Donst reseller account, which is paid for through 2/25/03 and the 293 accounts currently hosted there. There is no domain name or design.

We cannot guarantee that people will renew. We will provide you with all customer info we have, including the e-mail address they signed up for the account with.

We are looking for offers $500 and up. We would like to complete the sale in the next three days.

If you have any questions please PM me.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Whats annually profit and how much do you pay for donhost reseller account?

Andy,

Do you have an estimate of how many of these customers are "active"? By that I mean...who are actually using the space they bought, and are likely to renew.

I'm asking because in our experience, we often times have people buy this "cheap" type of hosting from us, but then never use it, or within a month or two move their sites to another host, without notifying us.

Then when it's renewal time they are actually in essence no longer a "client".

Hello Ezhost,

Unfortuneately I do not have an estimate on the number of "active" accounts.

Some information that I forgot to include was that all customers either used PayPal or 2Checkout to pay.

Annual income is $5000 - $5800

The Donhost account is approx. $50 a month.

Andrew

So do we get your paypal account and 2checkout account? Or how would we continue the hosting?

You would have to get your own PayPal and 2Checkout Account.

Originally posted by Andyc
    Hello Ezhost,

Annual income is $5000 - $5800

The Donhost account is approx. $50 a month.

Andrew
    $2000.00 for $5800.00 in income that costs $5100.00 a year ?

Huh?
    GUI admin tools have no honor. It is a good day to vi.

Hello,

What do you mean "$2000.00 for $5800.00 in income that costs $5100.00 a year ?" By my calculations the reseller account costs $600 a year.

I have a figure set that I would like to get. I am trying to be fair and treat whomever buys the clients very fairly. That is why I am not asking for the world. I have other things in my business I want to focus on.

THanks,
    Andrew

Bleh, MF. Up too late too many nites. It is only $600.00
    GUI admin tools have no honor. It is a good day to vi.

hmm, even if you are able to keep half of the accounts to pay at renew time, that would be around $3k of income for the year, minus $600 reseller fees is profit (simple) of around $2400.

What might help you sell at a higher price might be for you to email all your customers with a poll or something, just asking what they think of their service and what they think about renewing when their time is up.

-Wc-

offer

Do you have an AOL IM or ICQ account that I could chat with you on?

andy,

the reseller account comes with 20gb of transfer, does it not? it would only take 10 customers using their full bw allotment (2gb/month) to send you over that limit.

unless my math is completely off, that reseller account just set the record for overselling - 30 to 1.

am i offbase on that?

cheers,
    paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Paul,

I understand your concerns but you have to take into consideration what is actually being used. These accounts are hosted across Donhost's servers. So yes the accounts were oversold (by the previous owner) but they are using very little system resources.

I am not here to discuss the good and bad of overselling. If you are interested in making an offer please do so.

Thanks,
    Andrew