Question Do you have any comments about these companies..?

Hey there, I've been searching on here for a while after I got screwed by hostapacket. I am looking for a good host with good friendly support, who live up to their promises.

I have narrowed it down to a small list and these following ones are the ones I am really interested in. Can anyone give me feedback about these companies?

http://www.echolima.com/

http://www.neutelligent.com/

http://www.econnhosting.net/

http://www.theogc.com/

http://www.gearhost.com/

http://www.dot5hosting.com/

and...

http://www.hostmagik.com/

Thank you to those who reply!

/mike

Use the "search" button in the top right of the page. You'll be able to do better research from there.

Looking at the list, it's unlikely that you've done so.

yeah, quit being lazy and do some searches! :p

Haha, I've been doing research and everything for about a week now... I have done many searches, but I cant find any feedback about a few of the companies...

Dot5hosting has been mentioned alot and people seem to think they are great...

I am really interested in Echolima as they are located very close to me, so if there is a problem I could go knocking on doors... Always a good thing to be able to do.

Gearhost, what can I say, they have a huge presence around WHT so I think if I want super good service and reliability it may be a good choice to go with them.

The other ones I havent read much about... Thats why I made this thread, so please... If you havent got any experiance with these companies, or arent going to reply with feedback, please don't bother posting, it just clutters up the thread, thanks.

/mike

Research the companies Mike, ask them questions some of which you already know from your research.

Check with the state to see if they are registered to do business in the state. Most these records are available online.

If they have forums e-mail some of their clients and talk to them about their services and how well they like the company they are with.

There are a couple services available to run downtime checks on servers, this could be helpful.

Getting feedback from users isn't always reliable either. Each person has his or her own idea of how a host should act and react. Some need to be held by the hand and walked through everything, some don't. Just so many variables.

:: sorry posted message before completed::
    Last edited by Newbie; 10-15-2002 at 08:16 PM.
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww it's broke

Hey now, be easy with Mike! I too have been actively searching and perusing this forum for many days looking for reliable hosting, and having been here before I relied upon your wisdom.
    I searched, prodded, read and agonized, and still had no real answers.
    One host he mentioned, dot5hosting, I too looked into.
    Reason was, what I could get from the forums looked like part they were putting in their own good revues, part they weren't, but it seemed that the most serious problme was their site mangement tool?
    I went w them, I'll let you know my findings if they perform at a later date... if they even activate my site...
    Anyway, there are arguments, and many not so relative, to those of use who come here expecting real experience from people. Mostly what we get is other hosting people telling us stuff, and them from comapanies we've never heard of.

By the way, had all my searches actually produced results I would have gone for gearhost first, seems Mike searched harder and for more time...

I've used Dot5Hosting for a few months for our fantasy football league and it's been a great service. 100% recommended at this point.

www.semiffl.com

Keith

Thank Keith
    dot5hosting.com
    [email protected]
    "We look after our customers, or someone else will"

Thumbs up OK, well here's one.

Heya Mike,

Doing some of the "dirty" work suggested above would be a LARGE help to you in figuring out which host you want to go with.

However, I can offer my opinion on HostMagik. Now, granted, it's the ONLY host I have used thus far, so I am not one to offer a comparison-based opinion. But the way things have been going since the early summer, it looks as if I will be with them indefintely. They operate out of California and used to be a reseller hosting firm up until late 2000, when Elena and crew decided that they simply couldn't offer the kind of support and reliability to their clientel that they felt was mandatory of a good host. So as of February, 2001, HostMagik has been hosting on their own server for just this reason. I know just from dealing with Elena, Dahlia, and Phoenix that they take a very proactive and honest approach to hosting. They plan to grow in server number and resources at a problem-free rate and I have had only a couple hours downtimes on the ISIS server over 6 months.

Now that I have told you what HostMagik is, here are a few things they are not. They aren't the cheapest host, nor do they plaster their links all over these forums looking for clients left and right. Elena and crew really prescribe to the addage "you get what you pay for." They concentrate really hard on making clients like me happy, with company growth improving little by little.

HostMagik is a great choice for shared hosting.

Trip

Looks like they have a great ethic there.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

I have been with Echolima for about one month. I usually make a lot of research before registering with a web host but this time it was very urgent and I did it after only one day of research. Though, I hadn't found anything bad for them.

After one month, I am very satisfied with the service. First of all because of what they give you for your money. I am not the person who will ask for support every day, but in the first days that I needed some help, the answers were immediate.

To be totally honest, this company reminds me of Aletia in their good times. Actually, the packages are quite similar, except that Echolima offers more space in the cheap one. I just hope they stay like this even if they become big.

Why isnt my name on the list lol just kidding. Go to a hostreview eb site and check out the reviews.
    www.HostThru.com
    Quality Inexpensive Hosting!

Elena @ Hostmagik.com is a great person. I am sure you will have no problems with your services if you signup through hostmagik.

Zach

I've decided to go with echolima, but thank you all for your input.

/mike

Mike looks like everything will work out; keep us updated...