free webhost w/ no banners, cgi-bin, 50mb+ webspace, good up time

i'm in search for a free host with

1) no banners
    2) cgi-bin
    3) 50mb+ webspace
    4) good amount of uptime

i have a domain name and just want to redirect to it. please let me know of any good ones

Hmm, I'm not sure you'll find too many with all four of those features, espcially the no banners one. Free hosts have to pay their bills some way, don't they?

Check this free web hosting directory out: http://www.clickherefree.com/Free_We..._Directory.htm

Web hosting directories (especially ones that specialize in free hosting) are you best bet.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

web1000.com

[edit]edited as per forum guideline[/edit]
    Last edited by Omni; 10-15-2002 at 12:29 AM.

Omni,

You must keep in mind that by WHT rules, you are not allowed to advertise your services in this forum. However, if you are just helping Jasyn find a free host, that, I assume, would be fine.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

Yeah you should put your post in the advertising posting forums. Hard to find free hosting without spamming and bannars all over the place.
    IQ Studio
    www.IQStudio.net
    Sales@IQStudio.net
    Create.Design.Innovate

I stand corrected, edited the post. Please ignore what was said.

That is going to be VERY hard to find. I gave up, and started paying instead.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

it might help if you explained what you bring to the table, i.e. why would they want to give away space and bandwidth to you that they are paying for and could get paid for.
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

Free web hosting without banners is definitely a different creature which has to be dealt with differently since there is no way in which the provider would benefit for the service rendered.
    CGIs may consume a lot of system resources and if the site is popular, it would indeed consume bandwidth. All these plus technical support and disk space do cost money and some one along the way has to pay for it.

I agree with Skelley1, state your purpose and if it going to be for some worthy cause such as for some charitable organization or some self-help group, I am sure that there would be someone here who would be more than willing to help.

If it is for some commercial purposes then probably paid hosting would be better. I believe in the rationale that if you do not pay for something rather, chances are people would do the same to you.

If it is for fun, personal website then I would believe that banners would not matter or go for some low cost hosting, I am sure that if you asked, you should be able to find some which would cost you a few cents a day.

Edwin
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

This was posted in the Special Offers forum yesterday.

web1000 has cgibin and is free and bannerless