Perldesk - sendmail

Hey,
    I want to install perldesk and make it do incoming email but I dont have access to sendmail and my host has said that it wont change it. Any alternatives or solutions?
    Skylite Web Hosting
    Coming Soon...

What do you mean "do incoming mail"? Do you mean have all incoming mail from [email protected] go to PerlDesk and become a ticket? I believe this is called mail piping, or something along those orders.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

Another host?

I'm not too sure there's another way to pipe mail.

If I am reading Skylite's post correct, than, yes, I believe there is a way to do it. In fact, I KNOW there is a way to do it.
    Matt De Leon

Sorry then, my mistake. Perhaps I misunderstood.

Yes, there is a way to do it. It will take piping that email address to PerlDesk via sendmail. However, if you don't have access to sendmail on your box, then you will need to get your host to do it. And if your host won't do it...then maybe that host isn't the right one for you.
    Matt De Leon

If you can't access sendmail etc., you can't setup the piping..
    Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar

Well my host says that it might make the server unstable and thus bring the server down. So thats why the host has refused.
    Skylite Web Hosting
    Coming Soon...

Originally posted by Skylite
    Well my host says that it might make the server unstable and thus bring the server down. So thats why the host has refused.
    LOLOL get a new host.

Did you try sending him the install docs on Perl Desk that explains how to do it? Maybe he just does not know how.

Yeah I sent him it and he could do it but he says it could make the server unstable
    Another question btw...
    on perldesk if someone sends in a email and u reply on perldesk do they get an email with the reply or an email with a link to the reply? As i want it to be an email system really not a forum type system
    Thanx
    Skylite Web Hosting
    Coming Soon...

Both.

I do not know how he thinks it wil make system unstable it is only affecting your valiases file not any one elses.

Monte can u set it up not to provide the link as i dont want a user interface. I want it to look like an ordernary email system
    Skylite Web Hosting
    Coming Soon...

Hmm you could do that by editing your templates and taking the links out I guess. But if you get an email from an unregistered user it will ask them to register before accepting the email not sure how you get around that.

But why do you want everything to go thru perldesk if you are not going to use it? Little confusing.

well the point is if i get staff in the future we can all answer emails and we know who has replied and stuff.
    Skylite Web Hosting
    Coming Soon...

Wait you can turn that off so all email is accepted, I just looked.

I guess that makes sense to log all mail that way.

yeah,
    thanx now just hope i can convince my host
    Skylite Web Hosting
    Coming Soon...

Using it to log all the mail is a good idea. However the emails you get won't contain the information about the user's problem, so you will need the web interface to see them. (or maybe I misunderstood what you're trying to do??)
    Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar

Well i've built a form. but alot of info there is unnecessary like server and stuff.
    Skylite Web Hosting
    Coming Soon...