Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hows http://www.*******.com CP

Any idea about http://www.*******.com control panel. Please post your views.

I don't think its that good.

I visited your site... it looks great. When are you coming up with CP.

Would you mind PMing me the name of it anyway? (just curious)

Thanks

http://128.241.21.22/
    but why site names are blocked by WHT....
    Moderators

That control panel is quite good, but may not have all features you will need, especially a build-in sql interface that will let you create a db in an instance. I think this is its biggest lack. The look and feel of the CP is quite good.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Starts at $3000 though..
    Jimmy

Originally posted by jolly
    http://128.241.21.22/
    but why site names are blocked by WHT....
    Moderators
    Umm... I kinda doubt you know the full story... So why flame the mods????

Generally if a url gets banned from the forum, its because they did something wrong here.. More than likely spamming...

Before posting like you just did.. How about you contact the mods and ask why it was banned???????

that panel is $3000??!?!?! who are they kidding?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

it's more than a control panel. It's a VPS solution (like Ensim ServerXchange). However, the $3000 will give you the VPS engine with no end-user control panel.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Hi there.

Originally posted by FHDave
    it's more than a control panel. It's a VPS solution (like Ensim ServerXchange). However, the $3000 will give you the VPS engine with no end-user control panel.
    I'm looking for VPS software for my new web hosting project. Now I'm testing H-Sphere demo.
    But this solution seems to be more useful. I have sent a demo request to this guys.
    Do you use this software?
    Any advantages/disadvantages?
    WG

I am having it installed on 3 Weberz servers this week.

This is a very very nice system. Expensive yes. Nice though.

I have H-Sphere installed on Weberz.com servers now and will stop taking signups on it as soon as *** Complete gets installed and I get the plans configured.

Tracy Phillips

i called SPHERA (http://www.sphera.com)
    there solution is $2250 per Web Server (though you can have Email, SQL on seprate machines) but for every Web Server you need to buy for $2250
    This is there Shared Hosting Automation product...
    and intresting thing is To control Windows Web Hosting Environment you need a SEPRATE LINUX box in back which runs there engine..intresting setup but who likes to to Add another server to control 1

$200 for the control panels

and then $3000 for a VPS system on 3 servers (we also trying to push me on dell hw, but that was way expensive)
    from these folks (the salesman - who was a little more than pushy), told me about this and we're going to give it a whirl.

asked somewhere else about *** complete and have not been responded to - glad to hear it's a good/worth a try and that i'm not being dumb.

*********** and NeoPanel Cant be compared they are WAY to different, NeoPanel is better if you have a server to control, *********** is if you have a center full of servers you need to manage.

*********** is H S P C o m p l e t e from S W S o f t

you're right - we looked at Neopanel, but have too many servers to manage. hell, we even looked at buliding something in-hose, but it didn't seem technically/$$ feasible.

Originally posted by goodW
    But this solution seems to be more useful. I have sent a demo request to this guys.
    Do you use this software?
    Any advantages/disadvantages?
    Yes, we do use HSphere, but HSphere is not a VPS solution, it's a solution for shared hosting environment. In a VPS, each account will have their own resources (CPU/Memory/Disk) allocation. Each VPS behaves just like its own physical server; each enjoys the total isolation from other VPS. Unlike traditional shared hosting, a run-away script of one particular account can crash the whole server and other people on that server will be affected. In VPS, since each VPS is sand-boxed from other VPSes, there will be no one particular account monopolizing the server resources at the expense of other accounts. Security is another added beneftis of a VPS.

So I can't really make an apple to apple comparison between HSphere and *** Complete. It all depends on your needs.

Originally posted by FHDave

Yes, we do use HSphere, but HSphere is not a VPS solution, it's a solution for shared hosting environment. In a VPS, each account will have their own resources (CPU/Memory/Disk) allocation. Each VPS behaves just like its own physical server; each enjoys the total isolation from other VPS. Unlike traditional shared hosting, a run-away script of one particular account can crash the whole server and other people on that server will be affected. In VPS, since each VPS is sand-boxed from other VPSes, there will be no one particular account monopolizing the server resources at the expense of other accounts. Security is another added beneftis of a VPS.

So I can't really make an apple to apple comparison between HSphere and *** Complete. It all depends on your needs.
    Very Very well said.

Tracy Phillips

To add to this, you could technically run HSPHERE within a cluster of Virtuozzo VPS', with the only exception being that disk quotas do not work within the VPS.
    <!-- boo! -->

Originally posted by DizixCom
    To add to this, you could technically run HSPHERE within a cluster of Virtuozzo VPS', with the only exception being that disk quotas do not work within the VPS.
    Scott,

Correct me if I am wrong. You did mention to me I believe that the next version of Virtuozzo will have the ability to have disk qoutas inside the VPS, correct?

Tracy Phillips

Yes, that is what they told me. We'll see when it is released though, as that is what really matters.
    <!-- boo! -->

I've been wondering about this as well since we are looking into using ****/virtuozzo and placing h sphere on it. Psoft tells me it doesn't work while sw tells me it does. Anyone shed any light on this?
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged
    Budget VPS, Cloud and Colocation

I haven't tried it yet, so don't take my word on it. Technically I see absolutely no reason for it not to work with the exception of the disk quotas.

I cannot come up with one reason that HSPHERE will not run within a VPS. There will have to be some changes to the ip-loader, basically to change the device name that ifconfig uses but that is true for FreeBSD servers as well so isn't really a valid concern. Did PSoft give you any reasons as to why it wouldn't work or was it just one of their typical responses that explain nothing?
    <!-- boo! -->

They briefly said something said something about how the libraries worked on virtuozzo. Apparently that is the problem.

If the disk quota doesn't work then h sphere's billing system would be useless. Trust me I know what happens when the quotas fail.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged
    Budget VPS, Cloud and Colocation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast