opinions on activewebhosting

is it any good ?

Well, I believe they use the taboo terminology of 'unlimited' on their website.

There is actually a limit to bandwidth, disk space and everything else. Nothing is quite infinite.

Do check with their terms and conditions, they usually have some clause about those things. It is usually unlimited to a certain extent. - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Well, it depends on how you look at it. They do say to have "unlimited" space/bandwidth, though I haven't studied their TOS, so I'm not actually sure what they really mean by that. I currently have 2 domains hosted with them, together, they're probably around 200 MB, my bandwidth I'm not sure on. I'm been with them since April 2002, I haven't really not any problem with them or have had to turn to their support for help, so I also can't comment on that. Even though their only $10 per month, per account and they have monthly payments (by cash, check, credit card, etc.), they don't offer many features or programs. Their servers arn't always tops. I personally haven't experianced any downtime with my accounts. However, sites on their server often seem to have a bit longer load time and at peak time or when a lot is going through, ramdom images will appear as apposed to the image or page your wanting.

There's up and downs, it's really up to you how you look at it. Personally, I don't plan on staying with them much longer. If anyone knows of a good, multi-domain (at least 3 independant domains) hosting company with CGI, at least 400 MB space and 30 or more POP3/e-mail and FTP accounts, please let me know.

Melanie /
    Last edited by Chicken; 10-15-2002 at 03:03 AM.

I guess when they say unlimited it means unlimited but if it starts to affect other users on their servers, then they might have to tell you to either move to another host or reduce the bandwidth and the disk space.
    Chinthaka Wickramaratna
    multi-account windows hosting packages