Price restriction on Enom Reseller

Dear all,
    It's me, GIORGIO, again.
    I heard someone saying that:
    "eNom has just posted notice that they have already activated a new
    restriction on eNom reseller accounts.
    Any new reseller accounts (sub-accounts) cannot be set to prices lower than
    $8.95 for .com,.net,.org,.info,.biz and .us tlds."
    Anyone have any ideas on it? Is it true?
    If it's true, does it mean we cant offer less than 8.95 to only end-users, or it also includes price for our sub-reseller accounts?
    Thanks so much again for all your suggestions.

you know enom is making a bad biusness decision, im gonna go to opensrs

Because you pay $10 instead of $8.95?
    Price is not the reason to go to OpenSRS....

Re: Price restriction on Enom Reseller

Originally posted by GIORGIO
    I heard someone saying that:
    "eNom has just posted notice that they have already activated a new
    restriction on eNom reseller accounts.
    Any new reseller accounts (sub-accounts) cannot be set to prices lower than
    $8.95 for .com,.net,.org,.info,.biz and .us tlds."
    Anyone have any ideas on it? Is it true?
    If it's true, does it mean we cant offer less than 8.95 to only end-users, or it also includes price for our sub-reseller accounts?
    Thanks so much again for all your suggestions.
    Although the wording of the announcement is a bit confusing (it almost seems as if they are saying that all sub-accounts must be set above $8.95), it has been posted that this only applies to resellers under another reseller (ETP). If your account is directly through enom, you can set prices lower. If your account is under another reseller (ETP), then the lowest pricing you can set for an account/sub-reseller is $8.95.

Part of the email that was sent...
    2- A control has been added to sub-account pricing. No accounts can be established with less than $8.95 per year for .com net org info biz and us.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Originally posted by LordLardo
    you know enom is making a bad biusness decision, im gonna go to opensrs
    I think it's a great decision and something that should have been done earlier.

This will help cut back on the amount of fraud and actually turn the market around because of the oversaturated number of RSPs.

hey, I see the advertisement of NameCheap.com which selling domain for "$8.88". So, are they direct reseller of enom? If no, does it mean they should....
    What We Do in Life, Echoes in Eternity

Enom Prices

As I still find this to be an excellent decision on enom I just wish they would have allowed for the retail cost to be no lower than yours as the competition grows we cant match them now as the program will not allow for indirect resellers to sell below 8.75, I do agree that they did need to do something with the ability of having resellers @ 6.95 domains but a retailer cannot resell so it would have allowed us to match prices with say NameCheap and many others.

Just my opinion

And Walter I just left from OpenSRS cause there is no profit line there, they will not budge off of that price of 10bux per domain and you wont make any profit having competitors selling 4-5 bux below you, you can survive when its only say a dollar or two in support but 4-5 dollars is pretty hard to compete with.

And when I talked with Opensrs about their prices they didnt even respond to me, but I did see a post somewhere that someone stated they sold like 5000 domains a month and OpenSRS was only going to give them a 1 dollar break per domain so thats still 9bux per domain so figure out the math

Tom
    DWS CENTER LTDA--http://www.dwscenter.com
    Web Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Low Cost Domains!!
    US, UK, Netherlands & Asia!!!

It you want cheap domains there is always directi.com where prices range from $6.99 to $6.49, with the inital deposit only been $75.

The only problem is that currently there system is not very stable it is also slow and there is no API.

Unitl they fix the above, I will be force to stay with enom.

Adam

Yes, that would have been the smarter view, IMO - you can create resellers with rates that must be atleast $0.25 more expensive than yourself.

aqhost.com has their special for $7.50/domain and $20 setup - only to wednesday. Get on while the going's good.

-WC-

Originally posted by GIORGIO
    hey, I see the advertisement of NameCheap.com which selling domain for "$8.88". So, are they direct reseller of enom? If no, does it mean they should....
    They most proberly have an ETP account due to the amount of domains they have on their system, although you dont seem to realise that the 8.95 pricing only applies to "new" sub-reseller accounts that are created.

Everyone that already has accounts set at certain pricing keep their curent pricing, they just cant create sub-resellers under 8.95.

Re: Enom Prices

Originally posted by NiteHawk
    As I still find this to be an excellent decision on enom I just wish they would have allowed for the retail cost to be no lower than yours as the competition grows we cant match them now as the program will not allow for indirect resellers to sell below 8.75, I do agree that they did need to do something with the ability of having resellers @ 6.95 domains but a retailer cannot resell so it would have allowed us to match prices with say NameCheap and many others.
    If your serious about competing with namecheap, you should invest in an ETP account.

Hey Guys (Gals),
    I have finally received the formal email from enom regarding the issue.
    This is the short message as in the email:
    "You can create RETAIL sub accounts at any price at or above your reseller price. You cannot create RESELLER sub accounts less than $8.95."
    What do you think, guys (gals) ?

I think enom would know their system best.

But it sounds logical. Good move. So, if someone has an account for 8.95, they create an account that sells at $10, that account can't resell an account that can sell at $9.

My last post still stands, this post is moot - AQHost still sells accounts that setup fo $20, and can register at 7.50$.

-WC-

enom reseller?

to be honest, i'm quite unsatisfied and unhappy on the services provided by enom.com, especially their irresponsible reseller like s-w-h-u.com (or hostingtycoon.com now!)

I've just signed up with s-w-h-u.com about 3 weeks ago, after searching high and low looking for a good reliable web hosting service, finally i thought i was lucky enough to get one. but nope! Just after I paid the domain name (webmediaconcept.com) + the hosting plan fees, and I got this email from the s-w-h-u.com, read like this:

-------------------
    READ THIS EMAIL CAREFULLY IN ORDER TO KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT LIVE!

Dear Customer,

After a long time of consideration we've decided to quit
    s-w-h-u Web Hosting within two weeks. You have to transfer your account to your new
    hosting provider and our new partner: Hosting Tycoon, choosing
    option two or one of the above optionwill charge you at a monthly
    base for a year total. After you did so, Hosting Tycoon will povide
    you of four years of free hosting after the first year is completed.

Although we have to charge you for this option, we do think you'll
    find this very interesting. Not only will your money be used for extra
    services within the company, you will see that you get an extra four
    months of hosting for your monthly payment as well. On top of that we
    would like to inform you about the fact that HostingTycoon has taken
    over the servers from s-w-h-u as well, so you don't have to bother about
    that either.

Although we're very sorry to quit s-w-h-u, we are very happy we could
    find you such a good replacement for our company. The only thing you
    will experience about all this, is the change of names. All facilities
    and service you were used to at s-w-h-u, you will have them at Hosting
    Tycoon as well.

We hope to have informed you well enough.

Yo signup at hostingtycoon please goto:
    http://www.hostingtycoon.com

Regards,

Staff of s-w-h-u.
    ---------------------

I'm really pissed off, I've requested to get back my domain name as I will forgo the hosting service (as I've already paid for it), but they refused to do so. I've do a whois, I found that, eventhough i've paid for everything, but my name did not appear on the own/technical/admin contact at all!! Eventhough I have tried several times to request them to do a domain migration as i will forgo the bad-services they provide, but they requested me to sign up at hostingtycoon.com again and pay for the X amount in order to retain my stuff on my website (webmediaconcept.com). -shxt-

I thought I was lucky that I found that, they are the reseller for enom.com, hence I wrote an email to complaint about my case, but it seems noone reply to me at all!! Even my friends also quite pissed off, because few weeks ago, they keep suggesting us to invite friends to subscribe the hosting, and now they decided to close down and will be taken over by another company? (do u believe that?) It's like you've paid for the services, but before they provide the service in full, you will have to pay for another X amount of money just because another company will be taking over the company?? Hey... we are existing customers man...

I got nowhere to complaint, maybe will try the InterNIC later. or else, maybe I think I should come up with a website, listing all those un-reliable/moneysucking CON-man hosting provider. At least, to create awareness among those newbies/companies which is looking for a hosting company.

really dissapointed with the enom.com, I know it wasn't their fault, but there's no quality support works and control done to protect and maintain their good branding. I believe one day, their branding will be spoilt by these kind of resellers.

note: s-w-h-u.com (ignore the "-" for their realname)

a message from a really dissapointed application developer,
    Allen Gan

wmc,
    I feel really sorry for you but I do appreicate your efforts in posting the incident here. Newbies like me are really easy to fall into the trap of those indecent companies as we know very few things around indeed. Your courage of posting the incident here make us know more and avoid us from falling into the same trap. Though I cant do much as I am newbie myself, I wish you good luck in your problem solving. Please keep us update for your situation.
    Giorgio

enom, **** and hostingtycoon

To wmc (Allen Gan):

Not to fear! I'm also a former customer of s-w-h-u and I can tell you that you do have options. First, contact your credit card company, tell them that you've been defrauded and that you want to do a charge back. Second, to get your domain back, call Matt Stearn from enom.

eNom, Inc.
    16770 NE 79th St. Suite 205
    Redmond,WA 98052
    US

(425) 883-8860

Matt Stearn
    (425) 883-8860 x202

You should also check out s-w-h-u.info, and hostingtycoon.us , which are run by former disgruntled customers of s-w-h-u / hostingtycoon both of which are run by Dennis Steyfa.