Thread: ssh client

ssh client

ok i like putty since its just what i've always used

but i love secure crt now that i have tried it because it has alot smaller font size or somthing so a ton more text canf it on my screen and also because it will remember your passwords for you which is nice if your lazy a bit

ok reason i dont like secure crt is because it opens a new window for each server you are logged into i was wondering if it or another ssh program will do like mirc does and just show the current one and let you brows from a bar its to hard to explain check out this screenshot

http://www.zdwebhosting.com/pics/mirc.jpg

thanks for your time and hopefully somone knows of somthing

BUMP anyone know?

SSH.com's client
    This forum officially ****ing sucks

Originally posted by roly
    SSH.com's client
    awesome i'll go check it out now i can't believe i had'nt checked out ssh.com before lol

Re: ssh client

Originally posted by zdwebhosting
    i love secure crt now that i have tried it because it has alot smaller font size or somthing so a ton more text canf it on my screen
    You can adjust the font/size/etc in PuTTY (or pretty much any windows SSH client).

Originally posted by zdwebhosting
    and also because it will remember your passwords for you which is nice if your lazy a bit
    That's not a good idea, it underminds the point of SSH... (security)

Re: Re: ssh client

Originally posted by no1v2
    You can adjust the font/size/etc in PuTTY (or pretty much any windows SSH client).

That's not a good idea, it underminds the point of SSH... (security)
    yea true i guess i'll probably just stick with putty.

just wish i could have like 8 servers open all in 1 putty box instead of 8 physical boxes

Zdwebhosting, in PuTTY's help file, read "Question A.1.7: Does PuTTY have the ability to remember my password so I don't have to type it every time?" and "Section 8.1: Public key authentication - an introduction." Public key authentication and Pagaent, PuTTY's program that stores public keys, sound like exactly what you're looking for (not quite what you asked for, but what you're looking for ). You *could* do what you asked for just by leaving a bunch of SSH sessions open in screen on one of the servers, but that wouldn't be a very good idea (that's what happens when you let me think up the ideas ).

On a related note, I don't think WHT would be half the size it is if everyone would just RTFM (No offense to you in particular.)
    Last edited by no1v2; 10-20-2002 at 06:23 PM.

I recommend Shellguard or its free predecessor Telneat.

Originally posted by tch
    I recommend Shellguard or its free predecessor Telneat.
    found telneats site but thier downlaods dont work

http://neoline.ru/sites/telneat/download.php3

but i'm d/ling shellguard to test it out