Question cpanel / whm email problem, please help

Hello, I'm new to cpanel and I'm having a problem with e-mails. I just setup a mail account myemail@mydomain.com. I have made the configuration with Outlook Express and I can connect perfectly to the server. I sent an e-mail from another account to myemail@mydomain.com, but I have never got it. Also, I can't see any message with webmail also. The e-mail is not getting back to me, so I don't know what can be wrong.

Mail forwarders are working. If I setup a mail forwarder myemail@mydomain.com to forward to myemail@myisp.com, and send an e-mail to myemail@mydomain.com, it is always forwarded to me in less than 2 minutes.

Any suggestion / help is welcome.

Nobody to help?

Goto your file manger and look in the home/email/inbox folder see if the messages are in there?

I went to home/mail/ and account name and the inbox file is 0k. What should I do know? Monte, can I PM you?

I've had exactly the same problem with one of the new accounts a few months ago. Mail being send to the domain just never arrived but also didn't bounce. If I had a forwarder on then it would forward the email just fine.

This led me to believe there was something wrong with the inbox for the user account. Couldn't find the problem.

Backed up the files, deleted the entire account and set it up again. That solved it for me. Bit drastic though.

On the other hand, if the customer is loosing his business emails into the great void he'll swallow a little downtime as long as the issue gets resolved.

I think you have to log in to the web panel inbox at least once before you can use the email with a pop3 connection.

Charles

My problem is that this is happening with all my accounts on a server, so it has to be something server related... Any other help? Thanks to those who answered.

Ports open? Nothing bouncing back? Nothing in the server que? Did you try the email trouble shooter script in WHM? What version of WHM are you using? Have you tried running. /scripts/upcp