Snipers really suck!

So I am smack dab in the middle of sniper land in Maryland . . . and it has caused me to change my day-to-day patterns.

Sure, I have a better chance of being struck by lightening or x100 chance of being in a fatal accident, but I cannot help but think "what if?"

So, tonight, when I needed gas and air in my tire, I drove on near E until I got home . . . 15 miles from the epicenter.

It is amazing what the "what if" effect can do to people. I am not alone . . . I see people crotched down when pumping gas, people stand further off the street at bus shelters . . . more people looking around cautiously.

This guy(s) needs to be caught . . .

This was pretty random . . . but I just went out to have a cigarette and got spooked by a bat and I thought "what if." So I had to share.
    Jesse Barron
    [email protected]
    Epitomized Hosting: Exceeding Your Expectations
    www.epitomized.com

I heard somebody called in a radio station and said they were the Sniper.

They said that they are also God, and are doing this so he wont be trampled over anymore....

Freaky

I would feel the same way too. I think there's nothng wrong with taking some extra precautions when going out to get gas or anytime you are walking outside. You have to adjust to what is happening until this lunatic sniper gets caught.

People who toss boeings into large cities suck as well.

I dont know which is worse though. Ive only dealt with the boeings.

Something else I just realized I changed (as I just tripped it opening the door) is that I now use the alarm even when I am in the house and not in bed.

I have a remote control on my keychain, so I pop it on or off on my way in or out the door.

But I have a funny story regarding the alarm and a garage door:

Two weeks ago, I was lying in bed at 2 a.m. and I hear the garage door open. ODD! So, I panick and lie in bed for four hours -- frozen -- listening to a garage door go up and down, up and down . . . every 20 or so minutes.

Of course, you begin to hear other sounds when you think there is an intruder.

I had changed the batteries in the door opener that day and I guess something went haywire. The next day, after verifying no one was in my house (of course, I waited for day light . . . like that would stop anyone) I saw one of the garage door openers sitting on the table and put two and two together. A simple code change fixed it.

There's more . . . it also happened to be one of the VERY FEW nights I forgot to activate the alarm. So, me being paranoid thought "OMG, THEY CUT THE PHONE LINES!" And, my keys were out in the kitchen, with the panic button . . . and I don't have a key pad in my room. That, coupled with everything else, made for a very tense night.

Needless to say, I make sure all of the garage doors are locked each night.

I am being extremely random tonight -- long, rough day!
    Jesse Barron
    [email protected]
    www.epitomized.com

Originally posted by Acronym BOY
    People who toss boeings into large cities suck as well.

I dont know which is worse though. Ive only dealt with the boeings.
    We got some of that too . . . remember, the Pentagon got hit!

Not that I am trying to compete or anything. I am very uneasy about living so close to DC now.
    Jesse Barron
    [email protected]
    www.epitomized.com

how dreadful to live where that sniper is !
    I'd be inside living on baked beans and rolling up cigarette butts, too scared to go out at all

Originally posted by susannad
    rolling up cigarette butts
    . . . thank God those days are over with!
    Jesse Barron
    [email protected]
    www.epitomized.com

Originally posted by epitomized
    I am very uneasy about living so close to DC now.
    Only now?
    Get your web design questions answered: Web Design Forums at http://www.turtletips.com/forums/ ; vBulletin Board of the Month.

Yes...

it never really hit close to home until I realized that I've filled up at the gas station the woman was killed vacuuming her car and that I have been to the shopping center where Shoppers Food Warehouse is. It kind of hit close to home . . . I get the same feeling when I drive past the Pentagon . . . but that isn't a daily reminder, as I try to take alternative routes.
    Jesse Barron
    [email protected]
    www.epitomized.com

I get paranoid at times, too. I would be more so if I still went to school in Rockville, but now I'm in Baltimore most of the day. I still feel uneasy walking around campus at night, though.

I'm more concerned about my little brother though, as one of the victims' kids goes to his school. We've been more careful; now we pick him up from school instead of having him walk home.
    It makes no difference which one of us you vote for. Either way, your planet is doomed... DOOMED!

I understand how you feel. My wife and child are currently visiting that area right now. They are on "vacation" which was planned awhile back and I didn't know they would be so close until last night. I knew they'd be in Maryland but wasn't sure where. And I'm stuck in Michigan continuously checking all the news channels. Very scary, even for people not in the area...

Also, just thought of this -- some guy was able to buy over 600 rounds of ammo a couple of days ago at a Wal-Mart in Michigan. My problem is why they sold him that much and it just so happens that the person was driving a white van with Florida plates. This is no joke. The police are looking for the guy to ask why he needed so much ammo. To add to it, some of the ammo bought were .223 rounds which is the same that are being used by the sniper. Coincidence? It happened on Thursday when there weren't any shootings reported.
    Mark Blair

Just in case anyone was interested, here is a link to a recent article about the situation here in Michigan:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/det/ne...11-101010.html
    Mark Blair

Don't let the scum ruin your life. Making you cower and hide. Remember that living is for NOW.

Simon

Originally posted by SimonMc
    Don't let the scum ruin your life. Making you cower and hide. Remember that living is for NOW.
    To quote the Handmaid's Tale:

Non carborendum iligitimi

Nevermind [endedit]
    Orlando Magic--> 05-06 CHAMPS

Originally posted by markblair
    Also, just thought of this -- some guy was able to buy over 600 rounds of ammo a couple of days ago at a Wal-Mart in Michigan. My problem is why they sold him that much and it just so happens that the person was driving a white van with Florida plates. This is no joke. The police are looking for the guy to ask why he needed so much ammo. To add to it, some of the ammo bought were .223 rounds which is the same that are being used by the sniper. Coincidence? It happened on Thursday when there weren't any shootings reported.
    Wasn't the Manassas killing on Thursday? Perhaps that was Wednesday.

I'd say it is probably safe to say it is not the same guy . . . but remember, sick people LOVE doing copy cat crimes.

I surely hope that the police realize that this guy has killed someone in Fredericksburg, 50 miles south, two Friday's in a row . . . always in a work type truck. Isn't some employer saying to themselves "Hey, John is in Fredericksburg every Friday!?"
    Jesse Barron
    [email protected]
    www.epitomized.com

A customer/now friend of mine is from Fredericksburg. And lives about 5 minutes from where the Fredericksburg shootings were.

Everyday, I pray that I don't hear her name on news as they relay who was shot next.

I know a couple other ppl that live in that area, and its the same feeling as well.

I cringle everytime they have something on the news about the shootings.

Its horrible!!

..yes.. this sucks for me also. Our county along with some others around the areas of the shootings are cancelling all outside school activities pretty much for over a week now. Practice is now held indoors

At least my paranoia is justified . . .

There is some dude target practicing close by . . . I hear the rifle every few minutes.

It's common though, so I am not worried.
    Jesse Barron
    [email protected]
    www.epitomized.com

It's really sad how the tragedy impacts everyone's lives in the area - my local high school is cancelling all homecoming activities this year, football games are being cancelled, and my sister tells me how she is afraid to walk alone down the street now. I hope they catch that guy soon...
    i beat the internet. the end guy is hard