Arrow 300GB & 5 GB Space for .......

Hi All,
    We are now offering this special deal to WHT users. The offers can be viewed on our main web page at www.deahost.com and then go to offers.

Here is one great deal....

300GB a month bandwidth
    5 GB Space
    Ensim Control Panel
    Analog Web/FTP Log Analyzer
    Apache Web Server
    CGI
    FrontPage Server Extensions
    POP3 with unlimited email accounts
    Sendmail SMTP
    SquirrelMail Web-based Email
    ProFTPD FTP (SSH)
    MySQL Database / phpMyAdmin (One database for more send a request to support)

The server specs are:
    AMD XP 2000
    1GB Ram

Software Installed:
    Linux RedHat 7.2
    Apache 1.3.22
    PHP 4.2.2
    MySQL Ver 3.23.41
    Perl 5.6.1

All the above for an amazing price of $36.99 a month or $369.90 a year. We do have other deals on our main web site.

We are going to offer a unmetered deal soon on bandwidth so watch our web site.

Please email us at [email protected] for more information if needed.

Regards,

Brian James
    Deahost

Wow, 300 GB a month for 36.99? That's only 12 cents per GB after you mark it up . . . only if charging for transfer and not the 5 GB of disk space and other features.

Do you offer reseller accounts? I'd be interested in a 50 gb disk space plan with 3 terabytes of transfer for around $59.95 a month
    Jesse Barron
    [email protected]
    Epitomized Hosting: Exceeding Your Expectations
    www.epitomized.com

Get back in touch with us at [email protected] we can always supprise you. We can always make plans up for a specific customer needs, just email us to sales with your requests and we will do our best.

Regards,

Brian James
    DeaHost

Originally posted by epitomized
    Wow, 300 GB a month for 36.99? That's only 12 cents per GB after you mark it up . . . only if charging for transfer and not the 5 GB of disk space and other features.

Do you offer reseller accounts? I'd be interested in a 50 gb disk space plan with 3 terabytes of transfer for around $59.95 a month

I don't this is a good deal at all since they lure new customer in then pump up the price like crazy later. I ask them about the price and here is their reply:

"Hi,
    Our pricing is dependent on costs of bandwidth to us at a given time. We cannot quote on what they are going to be in 2 weeks, we could carry on the offer for another week or so.

Our pricing will always be reviewed and can increase or decrease as the market for hosting changes. We endeavor to keep them fixed but this we cannot guarantee. We always say to potential customers to purchase plans when they feel the price is right.

Regards

Deahost Sales Team"

thanks but no thanks to this tragedy of marketing.

after all, there is no such thing as too good to be true.
    Last edited by Jame; 10-13-2002 at 06:45 PM.

Like all other hosts and we are no different at all. We try to provide a service to customers and out of 1000s of happy one's there is always one who complains.

You are more that welcome to ask any of our current customers the question of have we ever increased there hosting fee's, you will find the answer is NO.

To be 100% honest, we can if we wanted offer unmetered bandwidth but this would give the wrong idea; this is why we always give a limit to stop abuse. We always review our prices and in fact dropped them or increased the bandwidth/space as a good will gesture to a customer.

We are here to stay and we provide a good marketing structure in that we give a customer what they need by good packages and lower monthly fees.

Regards,

Brian James
    Deahost

I can be mighty dry sometimes . . .

Did anyone else catch it?
    Jesse Barron
    [email protected]
    Epitomized Hosting: Exceeding Your Expectations
    www.epitomized.com

Catch what?

Lost on that one!

Originally posted by epitomized
    I can be mighty dry sometimes . . .

Did anyone else catch it?

Brian I am most probably going to fully utilize all the bandwidth on the account - no joke - will that be alright?

Yes by all means do so. What ever you are allocated being 1 GB, 100GB or 1000GB its there for you to use.

As I said, if we wanted we could give an unmetered service but thats unrealistic and would give the wrong impression to others.

Regards,

Brian

Deahost

Sounds good, more details in the PM, let me know what you think.

Hi,

first of all, i am not complain. I am your potential client. I have to ask for fine print before i do business with you.

I am glad that i ask about the price. What if i don't ask and sign up with you then 2 weeks later you tell me oh, we don't make enough money so we will increase the price. About bandwidth, when you said the plan offer 300 gigs bw, you better know for sure your client will use ALL. So what is the point of review of the abuse? If you can't provide, don't offer.

Your marketing stradegy just lure new customer in and later you change the price leaving your customer only choice either stuck with your hight price or moving again (and I don't want to move around since it is a big hassle.)

I find this kind of practice is not HONEST at all.

Again I will say this in capital letters to show that Im shouting this as load as I can.

WHEN A CUSTOMER SIGNS UP WE WILL NOT INCREASE THERE MONTHLY COSTS FOR THE DURATION OF THERE CONTRACT. IF WE DO INCREASE OR DECREASE THE MONTHLY FEE'S THEN ITS ON NEW CUSTOMERS AND NOT CURRENT CUSTOMERS THAT PAY THAT LITTLE BIT MORE.

Now I have stopped shouting

We are not in business to try and rip customers off, we are here to provide a service and thats exactly what we are doing. To say we are running a dishonest company is slander and liable to court action.

If any current customer wishes to state if we have ever increased there costs, please say so.

What you will find is NONE have and Im a bit taken back by your accusation of dishonesty.

Please post a retraction to your statement or we will instruct our legal dept to commence a liable action against you for your comments.

We are not amused at all. It gives me the impression that you are a fellow host and just registered to slander our good name. You have only posted 3 posts on this forum and this I find quite strange indeed.

Can a moderator confirm that this persons IP is NOT already listed as a current member.

Originally posted by Jame
    Hi,

first of all, i am not complain. I am your potential client. I have to ask for fine print before i do business with you.

I am glad that i ask about the price. What if i don't ask and sign up with you then 2 weeks later you tell me oh, we don't make enough money so we will increase the price. About bandwidth, when you said the plan offer 300 gigs bw, you better know for sure your client will use ALL. So what is the point of review of the abuse? If you can't provide, don't offer.

Your marketing stradegy just lure new customer in and later you change the price leaving your customer only choice either stuck with your hight price or moving again (and I don't want to move around since it is a big hassle.)

I find this kind of practice is not HONEST at all.