I have both
Ensim for windows is seriously bad news.
We were never able to deploy it in a production environment.
Maybe the $700 was worth it if others can learn from my mistake:
1. It breaks Win 2000 so you can't update it with MS security patches.
2. Its basically a port of their Linux product and translates all th epaths to make them like linux paths - very messy.
3. Becomes unstable and slow with more than 90 domains per box.
4. Only supports Urchin Stats (expensive).
5. Rebooting a box takes 6 minutes, Identical server with Hosting Controller is under 3 mins.
Point #1 was the deciding factor on not proceding with it.
Hosting controller does not use quotas so your customers can use any amount of disk space. I believe this has been fixed and we have a box being tested now with the aim of upgrading.
We use Merak mail server with Hosting Controller.
Its a very good product.
Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd View my Professional Profile:www.gordonhudson.com
Yes..We use Ver 1.1 (not trial version) for my clients...until now...everything are Ok!. After you know the rules/basic of CM, are very simple to prepare a client website.. I just need 5 minute to create a website on my server!.
I would be very interested to hear the outcome of testing these panels. I need to decide upon a Win panel fairly soon for a reasonably large virtual hosting environment.
So dont be shy, share your thoughts