Thread: Cannot FTP

Cannot FTP

Hello,

I have one customer who cannot login through FTP.It works before but suddenly it wont work.I am using Linux as server platform .I have checked all the permission but no luck.It keep prompting for username and password.I can logon using the Cpanel username and password but using the same logon it wont work on FTP.

Any input?

Thanks

Andy

try synchronizing password in WHM
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Hello,

Tried that.No luck.

Now is more worst.I have edited the proftp.conf and when I try to ftp from another server , it shows that I connected to other domain.

For example :

When I ftp to ftp.domain1.com,it is connected but is shows that it connect to domain2.com.

I try with other domain on the same server and it shows the same result,it shows that it connect to domain2.com

Andy

Hello,

Here is an example :

C:\>ftp maju.info
    Connected to maju.info .
    220 ProFTPD 1.2.4 Server (ftp.mampan.com) [209.151.87.72]
    User (maju.infonone)):maju.info

Any ideas?

Andy

The Cpanel forum is your friend...

Try this thread... It may help. Please read all the posts in the thread before doing anything. Good luck.

http://forums.cpanel.net/read.php?TID=5161

Scott Goodwin

Similar problem

I have been reading a few posts where customers with cpanel are having the same problem and resetting passwords and resyn the info is not working.

one user suggested user @domain.com This solved the problem for one person, but I've had no luck with this fix. If you find a solution please let me know.

Thanks.

Great so your problem was fixed.

That did fix the problem for your client then! I am glad to hear it.

I am going to give it another try with that fix, and the enable annoymous access.

Great..

good luck....