Network Solutions

I heard a lot of not-so nice things about Net Sol, but I didn't have anything against them until I saw two awesome domains that they've horded that I want.

Do you think if I emailed them politely they'll drop the expired domain from their database? One expired on July 31st and the other expired on September 10th. Or am I just kidding myself?

Also, with regards to services such as ExpireFish and similiar services, is it money worth spending?
    It makes no difference which one of us you vote for. Either way, your planet is doomed... DOOMED!

E-Mail is not enough. You have to call them. It took more than two months to change a DNS of a domain name using e-mail.

Also, netsol may take a year to delete the expired domain.

BAH! *adds Net Sol to her list of companies she'd like to destroy*

Thank you, anyway.
    It makes no difference which one of us you vote for. Either way, your planet is doomed... DOOMED!

Netsol Sucks

I have dealt with Netsol since they opened I had a domain bentworth.com with them and wanted to transfer it to opensrs however Netsol denied it due to the fact that it was about to expire, so I said fine I will just wait for it to expire and them to release it, well it took way over a year and many many phone calls to them and being told there are no rules for a registrar to release a domain name they are released at random

So just wanna say good luck, and if you do get the domain get away from NetSol

Tom
    DWS CENTER LTDA--http://www.dwscenter.com
    Web Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Low Cost Domains!!
    US, UK, Netherlands & Asia!!!

Take into consideration that if the name is THAT good, chances are it already has a SnapName setup on it. You might want to goto Snapnames.com and see.

If not, it might be worth the $70 to gun for it. Note the successrate isn't 100%, but they told me that on the day I questioned them on, they had a 89% success rate. Pretty good odds, better than not using them.

-WC-

You are right, WildCard, someone already put a bounty on megami.org (means "goddess" in Japanese, very nice domain for any fans of anime/Japanese culture). I really didn't have any plans if I had been able to get it; just give it to a friend whose net alias is Megami

The other domain has no interested parties so there's still hope!

Do you think if I emailed them politely they'll drop the expired domain from their database?
    NO
    Or am I just kidding myself?
    YES

It may help to ask, but then again they may just decide to hoard it for longer, anything is possible with NetSol.