Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone at dot5hosting?

I've been looking into them as a server, and the plans seem good, but I was wondering if anyone actually has experince with them? Have you encountered any downtime, bad service, billing problems, anything really?

Dot5 has numerous reviews here. Hit the Search button up top.

This thread will soon be answered by one of three people who use them and constantly come her to post about them. They always reply. So, it would save you time to do a search and read what they already said numerous of times before.
    BeDifferentSolutions | "For when Indian-based solutions just won't do."
    *We hire, train and manage extremely skilled technical support employees for your business*
    US and European Based Representatives | Dedicated and Semi-Dedicated Options | Level 1/2/3 Skillsets
    Expertise Since 1999 | www.bedifferentsolutions.com | info@bedifferentsolutions.com

I give up. Thanks for the advice by the way, but when I searched it, there were quite a few negitive things about dot5 and so basically i'm back to where i started - searching for a hots. lol

I swear.

Post your requirements, I'm sure someone can provide some decent hosts for you.

Originally posted by tophoria
    I give up. Thanks for the advice by the way, but when I searched it, there were quite a few negitive things about dot5 and so basically i'm back to where i started - searching for a hots. lol

I swear.
    Not sure about that. I have seen a lot of positive about them too - even from some others besides the same ol' people who say the same thing any chance they get. (You know who you are.)

It's not really about requirements, it's a personal site, nothing major. The only thing i'm really looking for is reliability.

I was at cyberpixels, and I couldn't take the downtime anymore it was ridiculous. And then I switched to edgehost, a wekk ago, and already it's been down twice. Once yesterday b.c of a Red Hat 8.o installation problem, and now again, all morning, and I can;t even get to edgehost.com,, their own site! And the instant messenger is away.

I'm just tired of not being able to access my site. It's personl, like I said, so it should be easy and fun. With cyberpixels it was everything but, and edgehost is turning out to be the same, and I've only been here a week.

I'm going to stay with edgehost, b.c i realize everyone has problems every once in awhile, but I am keeping my options open if this is a continuous thing.

umbilly: the negative things were the fact that a lot of the good comments were possibly coming from their own people under different names, the fact that they had some trouble with their billing system which I don't know has been resolved, and the fact that, and the fact that they are relativily new doesn't speak a lot to me. :-\ Maybe it's just me tho.

I think you're doing a lot of assuming about Dot5. There have been a lot of good things said about them. I use them for one of my smaller accounts and have had almost no downtime and fabulous support. They're fast and helpful. So helpful in fact that one time support answered my question twice. (I think they were unsure of whether I had been answered or not and just wanted to make sure -- fine with me.)

And just because a host is new doesn't mean they're bad. Send some questions in to them, spend some time in their forum.

Thanks olivia, i'm spending some time around there right now actually. lol

I'm juts looking around and ideally, I;m looking for a host that no one has EVER had a bad experince wtih. lol I just don't think there is such a thing. lol

And i'm not saying being new is bad, but it does have certain disadvantages, like not being able to predict if the service they offer now will continue, if these opening months have just been "good timing" or "good luck" you know? If you have a person who has been with dot5 for a wekk and says it is great, 100% uptime and all that, and you have another person who has been with joeblow.net for 3 years and has all the same things, which are you more inclined to go to?

I'm juts looking around and ideally, I;m looking for a host that no one has EVER had a bad experince wtih. lol I just don't think there is such a thing. lol
    Good luck with this one. You could try FutureQuest. But they are more expensive then what you are use to.

And i'm not saying being new is bad, but it does have certain disadvantages,
    Very true and valid concern. We see new companies drop like flies here.

I've yet to hear a complaint about either futurequest or hostingmatters.

A friend of mine has been with ikohn for 6 months now, with no problems, downtime, etc, and they have good plans for my use [personl] so, I'm prolly going to settle with her. I actually KNOW her, lol, so the recomendation means a little more.

But thanks for everyones help!

I have 4 of my sites with Focal Hosting now for 3 months.
    When I was sitting up a secure page for orders on a Sunday, had major problems.
    Alex stayed with me all day on a Sunday to get things set up. He did not just leave me, but gave me 1,000% full support.
    We got done around 9PM his time. I am sure he would have enjoyed time with his family, but he stuck with it to give a customer help.
    The best support and hosting company I have been with in 6 years.
    Not the lowest priced host, but you do get more then your moneys worth.Plus I can sleep at night with no worries!
    Yes, I will be moving more sites there as soon as I have time.
    Hope this helps you to find a good host.

As always I suggest (for the best support and quality):

- VenturesOnline.com
    - FutureQuest.com
    - Site5.com

Use the search function for each of the above companies and see what results you get, they'll mostly be positive. Good luck with your search though, and be sure to let us know who you decide to go with.

I'm just tired of not being able to access my site. It's personl, like I said, so it should be easy and fun.
    Good outlook. All the best in your search.

Regards

Gary

* dot5hosting

I have not been with DOT5HOSTING all that long. However I will say this. Compared to my previous hosting company DOT5HOSTING is great!

Tech support is great! I have had quite a few questions and they have resolved all issues. I host 3 domains on there service. 1 is up and running 2 in development.

If you want a good company to go with so far I can say that DOT5HOSTING is good.

There will ALWAYS be both negative and bad to each sitution that you encounter. You have to weigh your options for what fits you! I sugguest you give them a try.

Thanks "jackamus" any chance you could let us all know your site?
    dot5hosting.com
    chris@dot5hosting.com
    "We look after our customers, or someone else will"

and already it's been down twice. Once yesterday b.c of a Red Hat 8.o installation problem
    *off topic*

Odd choice of them to run a dot-zero release of RedHat on a production server considering it's only been out a few weeks or so. We still have a server running 6.2 - if it ain't broke, don't fix it I always say

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

my site is www.jackamus.com

Thanks for providing a good hosting experience so far. =)

I dunno akashik, that is what we were told. lol

And yeah, the marketing thing was where a lot of negitivbe comments came in, which I didn't really feel too happy about.

Oh well, I went with ikohn and right now, my site is up with them so they are good so far in my book. lol

* not me

I actually think having a good presence (like dot5) is a good selling point. Not a negative, there are too many hosting companies out there to wade through them all!

dot5hsoting

they have a pretty kick arss design.

so did cyberpixels and i got screwed there. lol granted it took a few months, but in the end, it went crazy.

Post Cheap

Everybody is praising Dot5's price which is what I was doing 5 months ago when I went with them. I finally had to cut the string the other day. I had been struggling with them for some time. Usually minor things and Christ Phillips seemed to fix things even when the troubleshooting ticket system failed. Chris Phillips seemed like the only one running the show most of the time. While he was doing a good job he can't do it all. The lack of phone support was really what did it. I recommend to anybody that they find something as local as possible with phone support so that you can reach out and touch someone if you need to. These web hosting farms are popping up everywhere. If you do enough searching you can probably find one in your own backyard.

if you are still looking for suggestions, nothing but praise about http://www.dixiesys.com
    http://2.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast