Going the affiliate route rather than reselling?!?

Is it possible to make any money in this industry purely as an affiliate? I don't want to be a reseller as the tech support end of it would drive me nuts.

Can anyone refer me to some succesful info sites that are actually affiliates refering visitors to web hosting companies? I want to see how it's done.

Which hosts have the best affiliate programs?

I would think becoming an affiliate is good if you already have some sort of client base (say from web design or consulting).

By becoming an affiliate you can then provide an additional service to your existing clients and make yourself a little money too.

The other alternative is become a reseller and partner with someone who can handle dealing with support issues,
    hosting53.com - the hosting solutions company

Is there a Web Hosting Reseller Plan that the main host handles all the billing and the setup, all you have to do is have your own website running. Much like the Enom's Registry Rocket, what the reseller only does is the technical support to its client (the end client)
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog

I doubt it, if the main host doesn't have direct access to the clients then resolving issues of fraud might be harder.

And you also have to ask yourself, how much technical support could you give end users if the host is providing the service and handling the billing? If a site goes down you'll have to speak to the host. If there's a billing issue, you'll have to speak to the host. If there's a special request you'll have to speak to the host.
    hosting53.com - the hosting solutions company