Is Ensim prices going up ?

Through unofficial sources, I heard that Ensim prices will go up very soon!

Does has anyone got more information on this ?

I heard that prices are going to doubled ! ! !

baha - what a rip!

oh no! you might have to actually learn how to admin a linux box in the future !
    C Code. C code run. Run, code, run...
    Segmentation fault (core dumped).. aww sh!t

Originally posted by Faggle
    oh no! you might have to actually learn how to admin a linux box in the future !
    Golden, absolutely golden

Yes they are going up. Ensim is in serious financial trouble and need to raise rates in order to stay in business. But seriously what hosting company will pay 25k to get started with server exchange and now what hosting company will pay the soon to be price of $75,000 for it? I mean please people, either get a clue or close up shop and let cpanel and hsphere move up to the front. At least they know how to price their products correctly to the marketplace.
    Jay

Let's analyze this plan

Assuming it is true, follow through this with me....

The vast majority of ensim users have been gained because of the deals they have made on their web appliance, particularly with server providers.

So, now they eliminate their one advantage by raising prices. Do they really believe anyone will pay it? Do they really believe that if their prices were comparable to their competition they would maintain their market share?

Re: Let's analyze this plan

<edit> Bleh! Bad message. Nevermind. </edit>

Originally posted by jayglate
    Yes they are going up. Ensim is in serious financial trouble and need to raise rates in order to stay in business. But seriously what hosting company will pay 25k to get started with server exchange and now what hosting company will pay the soon to be price of $75,000 for it? I mean please people, either get a clue or close up shop and let cpanel and hsphere move up to the front. At least they know how to price their products correctly to the marketplace.
    Jay, your comments about financial stabilty of companies is retarded. Should I find the threads where you said Captus was going under? How about Cogent? Miva? Now Ensim? Really, with 80 million in funding? You don't know what you are talking about. Again, you throw crap out and never back it.

CPanel and HSpere know pricing? They are two separte options. One is month leasing, which Ensim lets you buy upfront. And the other is per account. You can load unlimited domains for $199 on Ensim, it is $2 - $4.00/account with HSpere. If I do 300 accounts on the server, that is $600 - $1200 dollars.

PS - I heard Pwebtech was in financial trouble. Since I don't have to back it, it is true. I *heard* from a friend of a friend who is in the know. - this was sarcasm for those who missed it.

Faggle, thank you. That was just what I needed. Funny stuff.

Captus? Never heard of them. But Miva yes they are in trouble, Ensim I heard this from one of their lead programmers the person who wrote 50% of the ensim server exchange code. Cogent, is we have yet to see. And even with 80 mill they can go under if they burn threw cash as fast as they have been. Yes, I am not talking about ensim weballilance, I am talking about their "Flagship" Product serverexchange.

Originally posted by UmBillyCord

Jay, your comments about financial stabilty of companies is retarded. Should I find the threads where you said Captus was going under? How about Cogent? Miva? Now Ensim? Really, with 80 million in funding? You don't know what you are talking about. Again, you throw crap out and never back it.

CPanel and HSpere know pricing? They are two separte options. One is month leasing, which Ensim lets you buy upfront. And the other is per account. You can load unlimited domains for $199 on Ensim, it is $2 - $4.00/account with HSpere. If I do 300 accounts on the server, that is $600 - $1200 dollars.

PS - I heard Pwebtech was in financial trouble. Since I don't have to back it, it is true. I *heard* from a friend of a friend who is in the know. - this was sarcasm for those who missed it.

Faggle, thank you. That was just what I needed. Funny stuff.
    Jay

cpanel and hsphere move up to the front. At least they know how to price their products correctly to the marketplace.
    cpanel is a huge rip off on pricing. It's just good enough and without enough serious compeition that they can get away with charging 2 arms and 3 legs for their product. I wish Ensim was nearly as good as cpanel because their pricing, even at twice the price, is still only a fraction of what cpanel charges.
    Dedicated Servers at Steadfast Networks and Softlayer : Virutal Hosting at FutureQuest : VPS at FutureHosting

I don't think I would call cpanel a huge rip off at all. Take into account a few things. Updates for as long as you pay for the product, unlimited domains, and security patchs faster than most any other cp provider out there. Example plesk to upgrade from 2.0 to 2.5.x I believe is a few hundred dollars, with updates done only every so often. While with cpanel with an average distributor cost (NOT PARNTER NOC) of around $30 monthly you pay $360 a year for cpanel. Basically its the same as upgrading your plesk / even ensim licnese every year. With continuous free updates and secruity patches.
    Jay

Captus? Never heard of them.
    Does this ring a bell? You posted they were going to be gone back in March, They are still here.

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...ghlight=captio

Yes, I am not talking about ensim weballilance, I am talking about their "Flagship" Product serverexchange.
    Well, if Ensim fails, all there versions will fail. SX was never introduced for the WHT crowd. They have even pushed a lot of current SX guys out of the price range witht he new module releases. But their not targeting us. They are targeting telco for example. Also, it is called WEBppliance.

Ensim I heard this from one of their lead programmers the person who wrote 50% of the ensim server exchange code.
    Well, unless I am an idiot, I thought it was written by a hell of a lot more people then 2. Also, I would guess you are talking about Matt? You may want to ask how much he actually contributed.

I wonder if they will last. But I make sure I always have a back up. That is all that matters.

I use control panels not because I dont know how to admin a server, but so I dont have to do any work for the customers when they want to change their password, or want a mysql database.

I dont like customers

everybody seems to be forgetting that Ensim WAS about twice the current price it is now 6 months ago. They then reduced the pricing accross the board to half as a promotion. I never expected this 'promotion' to last 6 months. I've been expecting the prices to go up again for months now...

If prices at ensim was to double i dont see why anyone would consider ensim at that price, but im assuming that since they are in financial trouble they are not going to make a move that would cut off future profits they could be making... so to give credit to the ensim team, i assume they have a plan for this price increase other than to run off customers.. So i say lets wait and see what they throw at the market next.

Concerning cpanel being a rip off... I would most definately have to say that is a stupid statement. Please name another control panel currently on the market that can deliver such features, integration options, ease of use, and at pricing that small, medium, and corporate hosts can equally afford, profit from, and keep an equal image with as all sized hosts...

I think WHM/Cpanel is an excellent control panel, if not the best on the market for linux servers.. Concerning H-Sphere, ive never used it but i would seriously doubt that everyone is going around bragging on it for the fun of it... Lets face it you can find flame anywhere, but good opinions have to be made and worked for especially in this industry..

My opinion anyway! Cpanel Rocks! Ensim is okay, maybe in financial trouble, but not stupid.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

I don't have any way of knowing whether they are in trouble or not, but...

Really, with 80 million in funding?
    Not really a lot over the life of the company (4 years). And, not likely to get any more due to the losses incurred by technology investors.

Ensim is, by their own words, "a pre-ipo company." Unfortunately, their timing is such that their is no marketability of a company such as theirs.

And, their future does depend on ServerExchange, not their Web Appliance. They have a large Corporate Group and considerable overhead. Even if they sold 20,000 copies of Web Appliance a year at an average of $150 that is only $250,000 per month, which is nothing for a company their size. I suspect that their monthly costs are in the $2 million range minimum. Visit their web site to find out what their plans were.

Not really a lot over the life of the company (4 years). And, not likely to get any more due to the losses incurred by technology investors.
    Ummm.. they received 64 million just under two years ago. You can go to their web site and read the release. I think it was 85 million total since they started.

And, their future does depend on ServerExchange, not their Web Appliance.
    Not sure where you got this from, I think we all know this. Also, it is not called "ServerXchange" anymore, so that should tell you something.

No one knows the financials of Ensim but Ensim. Just as long as you have a backup like all good businesses should, who cares anyway? Any CP maker could go under.

They have a large Corporate Group and considerable overhead.
    This is something I have always feared with them. Also, the number reason we never implimented the full system.

They have a large Corporate Group and considerable overhead.
    From the lack of updates and the lack of timely responses from their support forums and the number of unresolved bugs, I had assumed that Ensim was just a few people (under a dozen.) If they are that large, it's too bad they don't have more technical people who understand their product working for them.
    Dedicated Servers at Steadfast Networks and Softlayer : Virutal Hosting at FutureQuest : VPS at FutureHosting

timely responses from their support forums
    Not sure why people think it is a "support forum" as it is not. It states so one the forum. From their forum:

"The Ensim Bulletin Board is to enable our customers to assist each other with questions regarding the use of Ensim products. Although Ensim staff do monitor the forums, it is not our intent to address support requests from within the forum. "

Slowness on bug fixes is something I have seen. Take the Majordomo loop and resend issue. How ahrd is it to set the GUI up to where a customer can't make the mistake that puts the system into that loop?

Originally posted by panopticon

cpanel is a huge rip off on pricing. It's just good enough and without enough serious compeition that they can get away with charging 2 arms and 3 legs for their product. I wish Ensim was nearly as good as cpanel because their pricing, even at twice the price, is still only a fraction of what cpanel charges.
    Where do you come off saying it is a huge rip? For the features you get, as well as the constant security / software updates that program does, as well as the ease of use, skinablity, etc, etc, etc. Its well worth every single penny I put into it. Its constantly being updated and the support I received from DarkORB and my distributors is just simply outstanding.

Ensim goes away, I buy Plesk. At twice the price for webppliance I'm still saving $240 over Plesk and I'd still buy it instead of Plesk until Plesk solves a few problems that really piss me off (make perl run chrooted already!).
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

I dont think ensim is going anywhere and if they are raising prices then so what,, i would much rather pay a good price for a good product then a cheap price for junk....

Also i would rather pay a higher price then have a quality product go away and be replaced by junk.

Consider what twice there current price is and then consider what it offers... it is still most definately worth the money and a wise investment..

Would i personally purchase it, no, because i find WHM/cpanel to be a better solution for my needs.. but ensim doubling pricing will not send them to the bottom of my list by no means.

Pricing is not everything, it should never be the ultimate desciding factor in what you choose to run or operate your business with, but only a tie breaker!
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

Lets face it, I really hate to be the one to say it, but the problem with Ensim is, it's a really unattractive product from the admins point of view, but it's so low priced that people will dump it on servers, especially when clients dont want it, just to provide a control panel. IMHO Ensim is a piece of crap, for my attempts it never installed properly, i had to open up helpdesk tickets with Ensim and it took around a week to get the install problem solved, the end problem was that the hostname did not resolve (now considering ensim is supposed to setup the nameservers, having the install die when the hostname of a newly setup box doesen't install.... thats a very lame error on their part).

Ensim is a piece of crap IMHO, and i'd have to say if they up their price, the amount of people who just 'throw it in' will diminish quickly, and i'd say there goes 50% of their new customers .

Well, the truth is only time will tell... but i do agree that its quite ugly but so was cpanel for sometime, plesk is not much better as far as looks imho, but look where they are at now..

I say lets wait and find out, but i honestly dont see why they would raise prices if they thought it would hurt them more then help them. Some sale is better than no sale.. they arent loosing money on the product i dont think, maybe the large employee cost,but not the product itself.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

O grand prickely one, you put my view of Ensim so elegantly. I really have to agree with that
    Took them a week to tell me it wouldn't install because the server time was wrong

Originally posted by Tazzman
    O grand prickely one, you put my view of Ensim so elegantly. I really have to agree with that
    Took them a week to tell me it wouldn't install because the server time was wrong
    Haha, glad to hear im not the only one who had problems, because at the time i felt like a major idiot, client sitting there, server down for a week, all i could say was "i dont know man! it wont install! it doesen't generate any logical errors, just wont run! it was running one minute then not the next, i tried a restart, nothing!" .

Myles, they are releasing new skins to improve usablity and new installers too. So, Ensim does listen.

... and CPanel has been developing a FreeBSD version for how long? And fdc has been adding a yipes line for how long, and for that matter, hostgui has been in development for how long ( )? , dont count the chickens before they hatch, a lot of people have good intentions that never follow through nowdays unfortunatly.

Originally posted by porcupine
    ... and CPanel has been developing a FreeBSD version for how long? And fdc has been adding a yipes line for how long, and for that matter, hostgui has been in development for how long ( )? , dont count the chickens before they hatch, a lot of people have good intentions that never follow through nowdays unfortunatly.
    Is this in regards to my post? If so, I can tell you i have seen the release. So it is true.

IMO...
    at the "promotional" price of $199, Ensim is a bargin and thru some nosing around WHT I found that :-

MegaNetServe is still selling ensim for $149

Don't believe me, take a look at this ...
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=85161

Originally posted by Royong
    IMO...
    at the "promotional" price of $199, Ensim is a bargin and thru some nosing around WHT I found that :-

MegaNetServe is still selling ensim for $149

Don't believe me, take a look at this ...
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=85161
    Yeah saved myself a bundle this week stocking up on a few extras! Speaking of I gotta get 2 more 100 domain licenses before the 10th
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

out of touch

they must be out of touch with the industry. Or may be they are simply running their company out a bad text book from b-school days.

It's not really designed well for the common end user. It lacks features. The interface needs to be more user friendly.

If they put more work into the product and offered better support then they could justify charging more money.
    Dot Simple LLC
    aim: johna11en | yah: johna11en | msn: [email protected] | e-mail

well, I don't quite like ensim either....... Cpanel is better

Originally posted by porcupine
    Looks like its time to put a big freebsd logo on the website or something so someone will know freebsd support has been released
    J. Nick Koston - cPanel, Inc.

As long as Ensim is around.. It will encourage people to purchase software like Cpanel.
    Dot Simple LLC
    aim: johna11en | yah: johna11en | msn: [email protected] | e-mail