Webmail through corporate firewalls

Hello all,

My current hosting service provides webmail as a feature. To access the webmail, its a non-standard port. So if was my site, then for the webmail I would have to point to www.mysite.comomePort.

While this works for me when I am at home, when I am at my work place I dont have access to the nonstandard port. I think this is because of our corporate firewall blocking it. Similarly, I cant access the pop server, but can access it through the mail settings on yahoo.

I wanted to ask other users/hosts if they ever ran across such a problem, and if they have been able to find a way out.

(I plan to ask the IT department to check, but I dont expect much success).

I'm quite perplexed and I dont know if this is the general rule or my specific situation.

Thanks for taking the time to read the post, appreciate any suggestions and replies.

Zicco Fen.

Hello Zolcat,

There is a few programs at that allow you access of you emails using a webmail sort program on normal port 80 (http)

One i like and seen aroun is IWM Internet Web Mail Its free and easy to use.

Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

Yeah use webmail.

You should have a look at a program called HTTP Tunnel. It lets you use msn through port 80, but I am not too sure about email.
    Chinthaka Wickramaratna
    multi-account windows hosting packages

or have a firewall rule added...

Tasmania, Australia.
    3,587 might be of some help to you.