looking for a site that provides uptime statisitics

I previously found a site that showed uptime statisitcs for host. It was a free website and included uptime for both the host company and individual servers. Does anyone know what site this is (or a similiar one)?

alertra.com

The member formerly known as Enigmatics
    Teh Harem

I won't mention the name, but a host where I have an account, announced back about December, they were going to post uptime stats monthly on their boards.

The first month they did and they weren't very good. The next month, they posted a link to them requiring some sort of plugin I didn't have. Nothing has been mentioned or posted concerning monthly uptime stats since. . .surprise, surprise.
    You'll get fewer complaints from over performing than from over promising.

Any provider can pretty much do what you ask. It just requires a small perl script, php, or even a .shtml file will do it.
    - Ross
    For quality hosting at a quality datacenter - www.ultralogic.net
    [email protected]

perl -le '$_=`man perlfaq1`;print/"(j.*)"/'
    Uptime doesn't mean ontime. This is why a server's uptime reply is quite irrelevant in showing stability and is why many providers don't show it. If you want a server with a huge uptime, I have a machine here that's about to roll over to 300 days. It has only been online for about 20 minutes of those 300 days, however.
    Richard Ward
    1 NET LANE, LLC.
    http://www.1NL.net
    The low cost data center.

That is why I run a program that gives out the daily (http port) uptime and the daily average server load. Any member of mine can have access to that info.

The site might have been

www.webhostingratings.com
    Andrew McMaster
    http://www.FindMyHosting.com
    Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Help, Guides and More.

Well, for individual sites, netmechanic.com provides a useful monitoring service.

I think the question is related to actual reliability of hosts not of his own site. Webhostingratings has something like that but i have never looked at it in detail. Other sites I can't mention (it would break the forum rules) also have something similar along those lines also
    Andrew McMaster
    http://www.FindMyHosting.com
    Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Help, Guides and More.

Looking for a comparative rating system

Ungie was asking for a site that rates multiple hosts quantitatively so that you can compare their reliability with measures....with the goal being helping consumers select a reliable host using data, not just "my brother-in-law likes it/hates it" stories.

I would further be interested in finding a site that allows users to rate many hosting sites, much like the incredible www.dslreports.com or www.broadbandreports.com does for broadband. This site allows users to rate their broadband ISP quantitatively and qualitatively. The free reports and reviews, plus help forums there, are a great help to many people choosing an ISP.

We're looking for the same thing for hosts....or at least a proxy for that.

Thanks

there is also internetseer.com for users to monitor their site

Any other suggestions?

Looking for a comparative rating system
    Ungie was asking for a site that rates multiple hosts quantitatively so that you can compare their reliability with measures....with the goal being helping consumers select a reliable host using data, not just "my brother-in-law likes it/hates it" stories.

I would further be interested in finding a site that allows users to rate many hosting sites, much like the incredible www.dslreports.com or www.broadbandreports.com does for broadband. This site allows users to rate their broadband ISP quantitatively and qualitatively. The free reports and reviews, plus help forums there, are a great help to many people choosing an ISP.

We're looking for the same thing for hosts....or at least a proxy for that.

Thanks

Have you Floble'd today?

We use this script for all servers and the users can view uptime along with load averages and they can view it from their control panels. Also, you can post announcements if needed.

http://scripts.tlcwe.com