6 15.79%
  • 101-150

5 13.16%
  • 151-200

0 0%
  • 201+

4 10.53%

Angry Spam Poll (grrrr...)

On average, how much spam per day gets sent to your personal email address?
    Applimetrix Web Systems
    Serious Hosting Solutions
    http://www.applimetrix.com/

201+ yikes that kinda scary!
    dot5hosting.com
    [email protected]
    "We look after our customers, or someone else will"

One of my buddies who is at a storage company is looking at about 225 a day. I'd be getting an admin to change my email address right away...

I'm consistently in the 50 or so range per day and getting sick of it.
    Applimetrix Web Systems

I don't know how many, but I have a couple addresses that are old and seem to collect too many. Gets hard to pick through the crap and the actual email. Things like registrar notices should be spam free. I don't know what to put for the email adress in domsin records anymore. Seems any address gets crapped up, yet you need one decent one that you check often just to keep tabs on it.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

i'd say probably about 15-20% of my email is spam/uce...i get on average of 350-400 emails a day so that's about 80 pieces of spam....that's actually down from where i was a few months ago...slowly taking care of it manually with the providers...

for all of my sites I have 25 email addresses, and I honestly only get 1-2 spam emails a day for all of them. I don't even run any filters.

I get on average about 40 emails a day.. About 15 of those are usually

Somewhere over a hundred.

Way too many to count; that's for sure.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I am getting 300+ a day no. It is getting stupid. Anyone know how I can stop it?

I don't get any on my personal account, but on my other accounts I get about 10-20 per day each. When I had my hotmail account I'd get like 350 per day.

Re: Spam Poll (grrrr...)

Originally posted by App-Jason
    On average, how much spam per day gets sent to your personal email address?
    None, I'm careful about how I give it out (i.e., never).
    Get your web design questions answered: Web Design Forums at http://www.turtletips.com/forums/ ; vBulletin Board of the Month.

i get 400+ per day on my hotmail account. its comes in handy for my real email address, i can just block tond of headers, & subjects.

Applimetrix Web Systems

1-2 a day (usually from my mom )

you left out 0!

i dont get any at all to mine.

Originally posted by phpcoder

That is absolutely the worst!! My mom and my sister are both guilty of forwarding everything under the sun. I hate it.

"Send this to 6 people or you will burst into flames"

Applimetrix Web Systems

My email.com account? 0-1 a day.

My hotmail account? Fuhgeddaboutit. Had spam coming out the wazoo, so I let that stupid account run to capacity.

My lycos.co.uk account? 0-1 per week. I'm really p'ed off about that one, because that was supposed to be my special, private, for friends only, spam-free email account. But apparently one of my "friends" decided to "do me a favor" and hand my email address to someone who had a product that they thought I might be interested in. Now that the idiot has opened that can of worms, I'm just waiting for the influx of "Make Money From Home/ bargain newsletters" mail to flood my inbox. When I find out who did this to me, I'm going to wring his neck!!

App-Jason, that's a great idea that I hadn't thought of. I don't even know what my hotmail account is, or even if I still have one. I did once, long ago. I do have a yahoo address, however, that collects a ton of spam. If I never check it or clear it out, and the box fills to capacity, what do they do? Does yahoo just leave it open, but full? Do the spams bounce back, or pile up somewhere in yahoo?

I did have one really funny thing happen the other day though...a new one for me. You know how these creeps send out spam "from" a false address? (I've had one of mine used a few times, and I only know about it when I start getting the waves of bouncing email back.) Well, last week I got a spam that was "from" myself! Just great. And now, of course, I've gotten a few hundred bounce notices off it as well.

I have two address that are a huge problem, due to them having been out there for so long. I'm averaging 100-150 spams a day between just those two addresses. But I can't shut down either address. I just need to figure out how to cut back on the amount of spam coming in on them.

Jeniffer

I don't know about Yahoo, but I know that with Hotmail, the account stays open, but emails get bounced back. Oh-- and you get countless daily frantic messages reminding you that your account is full and you need to upgrade to a larger one.

Originally posted by phpcoder
    Email from parents really doesn't count (Unles they're trying to sell you something).

How much unsolicited junk do I get? I'd say between 5-10 pieces / wk. Compared to what I've been getting in the past, that's a hell of a lot less. How so?

Firstly, every place I'm required to give an email address to, I give out a nospam address which isn't even monitored. In fact, I set up an auto-reply to that email address that tells people to check the webpage for a valid way to contact us.

Secondly, I use SpamAssassin to sort mail, and have created rules based on SpamAssassin (spam's got it's own folder that I check every so often)

Thirdly, I don't EVER give out my email address unless it is absolutely necessary (for business purposes, it is here, and this is the ONLY place I do so).

Fourthly, the address I register my domains to is a no-spam address, meaning it's never checked, it doesn't really exist. Mail sent there is automatically sent to /dev/null, because I don't want people contacting me through that.

Lastly, my lists are highly monitored. I don't subscribe to a list that has open policies, or that allows others to grab the email lists of it's subscribers.

given that, I have cut my spam down by quite a bit, from 10+ emails a day to 1 maybe 2.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

I don't get any, ever in my personal address ... of course no one but me know it