Please take a look at the attachment
    My Server did 53.2 Mb/Sec Transfer
    the other day... I think this is Very Good

How is your servers performing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.jpg  

eservers.biz that is sorry...

Wow..

Nice

i can make a box at fdc do more... heck, i can make a box on my DSL do more (to another box in this house)... its not a matter of doing 52Mbps... its a matter of where was this data going? i've averaged (over a period of weeks) over 40Mbps on fdc b4... and thats with extra bandwidth available... so? means nothing...

From Atlanta to Bangkok Thailand at 52.3MB/Sec
    I think that's impressive...

i find that extremely impressive... IP of the source/destination? i wouldn't expect that kind of performance of a machine hosted on exodus... also... be clear about MB/sec and Mbps... because MB/sec and we know you're lying... heh

i mean... >500Mbps to a box in north america is miraculous enough... but overseas... from a $139/month dedicated server... impractical... even for a short burst...

It may be 53mb/s but for how long?
    Sometimes you get these spikes for a millisecond and these monitors record those blips.

My server with them hit 12mb/s for 5mins once but it is usually between 500k/s - 3mb/s depending on source.

James

James

I can push files from my hostmania box at 57Mbps to rackshack.. Im sure it could go faster if i did multiple sends at once.
    C Code. C code run. Run, code, run...
    Segmentation fault (core dumped).. aww sh!t

Originally posted by WildWayz
    It may be 53mb/s but for how long?
    Sometimes you get these spikes for a millisecond and these monitors record those blips.
    dude... take a look at the screenshot again... it just hit me... its 53MB/sec... not 53Mb/sec... big difference... hes saying his box did over 500Mbps throughput... i just don't think eservers even put gigabit cards in their servers... but even if they did, i don't think its possible to do a stream, or even multiple streams, like that to an overseas country like thailand... i would give a remote shot at the UK... but not thailand...

heh everything is in caps 195KB etc assume he means 53Mbps
    C Code. C code run. Run, code, run...
    Segmentation fault (core dumped).. aww sh!t

but i still think it b impossible to do a single stream (or even multiple streams) to thailand... heh

i would doubt a country like that even have a full T3...

the country i'm from (in that region)... 1Mbps connection (satellite) for the main ISP in the country... ... ... !

add to all that... eservers is on cogent...

Cogent isn't slow or anything, just has ****ty peering.

thailand is pretty advanced in my opinion most computer parts come from there.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

exactly... which translates to bad routing... especially to overseas destinations...

Originally posted by mushrew
    Cogent isn't slow or anything, just has ****ty peering.

yeah, and there are hundreds of sweat shops in china producing clothes... doesn't mean they are exactly paris when it comes to fashion... heh...

answer me this: could u realistically see a box off cogent/eservers.biz pushing >50Mbps to a destination in china...? (as many streams as u want)... lol... i mean... yes, there are large pipes... but... between two points... i find it somewhat impossible... all that latency going overseas... hmm

Originally posted by interactive
    thailand is pretty advanced in my opinion most computer parts come from there.

You guys got to stop thinking asia is some backward corner of africa. Thailand isn't as backward as you think to not even have a T3 in the country. Sure it don't have as much bandwidth as US, but that's another issue altogether. Also Asia telcos are actually cross subsidizing US users with the heavy tolls paid on the trans-pacific links. So, stop thinking all the rest of the world has just a 56kb linked to the backbone

ok.. enough ranting. Please don't start a flame war. Just saying my 2 cents