Unhappy @WebHost Down Again?

I was getting lots of packet loss from my reseller server today. I placed a helpdesk ticket and they said that it was a hardware problem, did something at 4 PM EST to try and correct it, and were monitoring the server. An hour later, both my server and their main site went down (and still are). Anyone know if they are having another DDoS attack?

Down for me too. I recall from one of the other posts that they were planing some chages, maybe that is it.

4:38am GMT Time

I just checked back and there main website is working for me.
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

since around 3pm Mountain time everything has been extremely sloooow.

my sites have never actually been down, just so slow that you don't want to wait for them to load.

It's now after 10pm Mountain time and they're still very slow.

Speeds are fine from PA

Greetings,

First of all, yes this was due to a DDoS attack again. This time we have found the person who did it and are taking full action to rectify this problem once and for all.

Meanwhile we have firewalled our network for precautionary measures and that unfortunately is causing slowlnss. We are working to get our network performing again, our network admin is workng right now to solve the slowness issue.

Be assured @Webhost is doing everything possible to have the network restored in a couple of hours. If you have any questions you can contact me on msn (asher(at)acenetcorp.com)

I apologise for any inconvienence caused but really we are working to get this solved as soon as possible.

All the best,
    Asher Saeed.
    Last edited by Asher S; 10-10-2002 at 06:54 AM.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

Meanwhile we have firewalled our network for precautionary measures
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't your network be firewalled all the time anyway for security reasons and not just when you are under an attack? Or do you mean you added extra rules/filters network-wide to deter the attack?

According to EasyMonitor, my site has had 243 minutes of downtime (about four hours) this week so far. I live in PA and, unlike phpcoder, could not get to @WebHost's main site at 11 PM ET last night. It is now 10 AM ET and I still can't reach it.

Perhaps an ETA on when things will go back to normal would be nice?

"To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research."

[QUOTE}
    Perhaps an ETA on when things will go back to normal would be nice?
    [/QUOTE}

Hey,
    HA HA HA HA are you joking, you must know by now that the lack of comminucation by @webhost.com is the best in the industry!

I would say the average time of 35 - 1 hour and thats at their quickest.

HA HA HA HA are you joking, you must know by now that the lack of comminucation by @webhost.com is the best in the industry!

I have an account with them. They are having alot of downtime at the moment which obviously im not happy about but I have to say in their defence that their support is very good!

Hi,
    Yes their support may be very good but it looks like they are not good at handleing their own network. I mean over the past few days I have lost many customer due to the crap downtime I have experienced.

i lost a customer because of their downtime!! had to refund $180!!!!
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor
    Retouch or Add effects to your photos with 1 click

oh guess what?..i cant even issue the refund because hostcharge is ALSO down!! (same company)
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor
    Retouch or Add effects to your photos with 1 click

Yeah Hostcharge uses the same servers as Atwebhost. I personally think they should maybe put those onto a diffrent network because if the entire network goes down they cant deleiver support because the main site is down too.

Do you guys think its good for a company to put their website on another host so that their site will be up when everything else is down?

cedwards,

Yea we do that, we host our website in our office, not in the datacentre. We dont think our network would go down though, but you never know.
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts

Personally I would never host with someone that doesn't host their webpage on their own servers. If they can't trust their own servers why should the clients?

Good point.

Yeah good point also...

Originally posted by ^Kyo
    Greetings,

First of all, yes this was due to a DDoS attack again. This time we have found the person who did it and are taking full action to rectify this problem once and for all.

Meanwhile we have firewalled our network for precautionary measures and that unfortunately is causing slowlnss. We are working to get our network performing again, our network admin is workng right now to solve the slowness issue.

Be assured @Webhost is doing everything possible to have the network restored in a couple of hours. If you have any questions you can contact me on msn (asher(at)acenetcorp.com)

I apologise for any inconvienence caused but really we are working to get this solved as soon as possible.

All the best,
    Asher Saeed.
    okay...why is everything still down/slow?

@webhost comes up for me, as does your site.

Thumbs up Give em a break

Hey Guys/Gals,
    So I am just looking at the daily posts at WHT when I notice a post about @webhost (who I have my dedicated servers with) so I though I'd see what people where saying MY GOD!!!

I mean come on yeah we have experienced some downtime but it is FAR FAR from easy running a whole network, too many people quick to judge. In all fairness to the guys over there they have done a fantastic job I mean I have been in CONSTANT with both James and Asher of the company and they have put up with my harassment and always been straight with me on what’s going on but what’s made me most impressed is the speed and professionalism of these guys in resolving problems.

Give them a break, too many vultures ready to criticise and not enough support or praise. No I don't work for them and no I haven't been put up to this I just need to offer support to these guys and give them credit for a job well done.
    Last edited by THBen; 10-10-2002 at 03:36 PM.

Originally posted by Jtru
    @webhost comes up for me, as does your site.
    oh, well as long as it is coming up well for you I guess everything is okay then.

well, an hour ago it looked like everything was back up and running, but now all sites are down again.

Originally posted by Prince

oh, well as long as it is coming up well for you I guess everything is okay then.
    I didn't mean it that way. My apologies if this was taken the wrong way. I was suggesting that it was possible there might be a problem with your ISP. Obviously, I was wrong. Good luck with this. I hope it all works out for you.