Your opinion is always loved , regarding graphic designed stuff ;)

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you all to raise your opinion about who made the best logo for Tom (defender hosting) . The link is here http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...5&pagenumber=1 .

I also have put some inside and please let me know how do u like my work (btw Infoloaded who put an entry is also my graphic designer partner)

Thanks

I must be missing something...? You are asking "who made the best logo for Tom" , but only you submitted entries...?

Originally posted by xsenses
    I must be missing something...? You are asking "who made the best logo for Tom" , but only you submitted entries...?
    i am just asking you guys to tell me how was my work. contest was open for all. time frame was less as he needed them FAST. so thank God we made it

any constructive feedback would be appreciated.

pretty nice work.. and you get an a+ for persistance.. on a more serious note you do some pretty good work..

If you post 18 out of the 19 logos [out of 31 posts] and wonder why Tom doesn't contact you back, it's probably because you are a little (!) too persistant.
    Modest Mouse Talk

Originally posted by vipe
    If you post 18 out of the 19 logos [out of 31 posts] and wonder why Tom doesn't contact you back, it's probably because you are a little (!) too persistant.

I thought he asked for it in the contest ?

and they needed FAST so i wanted to give variety and put them there as soon as they were made.

maybe you are right... i was completely ignored on yahoo today....... i feel bad now for doing all the work

I am hurt. My intentions were good. Sorry if i was persistent
    Last edited by AmericanD; 10-09-2002 at 09:27 PM.
    { if Need Graphic Design? then Ask Graphics }
    @ http://www.askgraphics.com

Originally posted by AmericanD
    I am hurt.
    Ahh dont take it to heart.

AmericanD,

Don't take it the wrong way, you just have to look at it from the other perspective. A website with a portfolio of all your logo designs would be a great start, that way all your work goes to good use.
    Modest Mouse Talk

Thanks guys. I wish my hardwork pays off though

http://www.masboy.com , moving it to a professional site, my new company's

I just checked out your portfolio.. Nice nice work..

Thanks OKI

The latest news is that he just backed off . I regret doing all the work. leaving aside some other important work.

I've reported to the admins since this is getting very problematic. I hope they will make sure people get their reward for the work.

Does anyone but me find this a mite disturbing? American, no offense, but as someone told you, you were not contracted to do these designs. Furthermore, he asked you to contact him offline. While you may have misunderstood and thought that perhaps this was a contest and that you were supposed to post your designs online, why do you think that this is a matter for the admins to look into? This was all a big misunderstanding, not intentional deceit.

Ok, that was very off topic and I apologize. For the record I really liked some of your designs, although the ones without the shields. Nice work. As someone suggested, you should put them in your portfolio.
    I'm a web designer: HIRE ME

Originally posted by AmericanD
    Thanks guys. I wish my hardwork pays off though

http://www.masboy.com , moving it to a professional site, my new company's
    Your new companies' website? You mean you all of a sudden just decided you would create logos for people professionally at the drop of a hat, then grabbed a $10 domain registration and put up a site and called it a business venture ?

I dont mean to give you any grief, AmericanD, BUT it sounds like you havent thought out anything about this business. Be Carefull, taxes, laws, etc could get you into trouble.

You came off in the original posts with the 100 million logos as either being VERY young, or being a dangerous insane "stalker" or something, who decided a contest was happening for no reason.

I would be more carefull te next time so you dont work for nothing, and dont scare clients away.

Maybe English isn't AmericanD's native language, as he does appear to think this was a contest.
    Banner's and Logo requested
    Need some banners made FAST and a logo, please contact me offline.
    I would like something in 48 hours if possible, and 3 to 5 banners, different sizes, etc, should be under $10 each.
    Logo $30 to $40 is my max.
    More details added:
    Need clean, professional logo, not jaggedy, rough around the edges, etc. Prefer something in the blue/dark blue/grey type colors, Defender Hosting is the theme.
    The banners, all the popular sizes, and a small box with a "Hosted By Defender Hosting" type for my "free" customers to post our logo. Banner(s) should be the same color scheme, and have a small graphics of a 1 or 2u server, and room for our text on our specials that we are about to blitz out to the market.
    Nowhere does it say it was a contest.
    Also it did say to contact him offline.
    The professional thing to do would have been to contact him (offline) with about 6 examples, and maybe link to some examples of other works, so if Tom didn't like one of the six, but liked AD's other works, he could then ask for changes.
    Persoanally, when I want something and am shopping for it, I don't like pushy people. Only I know what I want, not anyone else. AD is so excited about his work, he appears to be pushy. It doesn't matter that AD doesn't think he wasn't pushy, what matters is peoples perception of it, and my perception, (and probabaly others) is that he is pushy. Sometimes, pushy works, but that would just be flat out annoying to me.
    If I had posted what Tom posted, I would rather see several graphics from each person or company, and not have to click on and download each one. In fact to be honest, I read the thread, but didn't feel like downloading the 20 or so graphics one at a time, so I didn't.
    AmericanD if you are as good as people are saying you are, make a portfolio.
    When you see a request, (1) read their request carefully, (2) contact them in the manner in which they requested, (3) make 4 to 6 designs, and (4) link to your potfolio. Then follow up (contact them asking if they got a chance to see your work and did they like it, ect.) one time in about 24 to 48 hours keeping your message short.
    If you do not hear back from them, move on. You can't please everybody, but you can annoy many.
    Last edited by ATST; 10-10-2002 at 07:15 AM.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Thanks for your advise greatbeast . Right now Samuel (you might know him from here) , who is pretty experienced in doing businesss on the internet, has offered to help me by giving advise on how to go about doing things since everything here is new to me.

ATST : Yeah one of your things mentioned there is true, I'm new to USA (only 2 years) so maybe not really familiar with the culture (language) too very much even though I' got an A in my English 1 class.

I reckon my business dealings with other people needs to be polished and will do it since i've some people to guide me through that.

Thanks.

Did he say 'reckon'? How quaint. hehe

But I do believe that the thread was posted originally as a contest - $100 prize for the best, $50 for #2 and $10 for #3.

Am I thinking of the wrong thread?
    -WC-