Anyone try Bizient.com yet?

Apprently it's run by the same guy who started F---edcompany.com. If he's seriously received over 900 hosting requests in the past week (as it claims), it could get interesting....

or maybe its crap.

http://www.bizient.com/

I sent off an email and it sounds promising, but I really don't know if its worth it. I mean, there are hundreds of hosting directories out there, etc. I'm thinking of taking the next step myself.

I'm not sure what looks promising.

He has a very loyal audience at f'dcompany, so I'm sure they just wanted to see his prices.

Zak

Originally posted by Haze
    I sent off an email and it sounds promising, but I really don't know if its worth it. I mean, there are hundreds of hosting directories out there, etc. I'm thinking of taking the next step myself.
    From the site, "This is not a web host directory. This is a tool where hosts actively compete for your business. "

How's it work then?? I think it might be like LendingTree.com/etc... reverse auction kind of thing? Needs to be more clear... anyone know?

I think the idea is quite good. Marketting your website right now is very very hard. We have put money into Google only to find our Ad listed at #30 ..

So I'm beginning to think the best form of advertising is word of mouth. You can add yourself to the webhosting directories, make message posts (like I'm doing), etc, etc, but it wont help. I think we were like on page 300 of some webhosting directory and yeah like a user will ever get to there. The Top few ISP's buy up all the big spots, and unless you have thousands of dollars to put your ad everywhere then your in trouble.

Also you now have all these ISP's who depend on Cogent, so basically they get there bandwidth very very cheap -- can't wait to see what will happen when Cogent goes down the drain.

I can't imagine we will be using Bizient (Dont really feel like giving somebody 10 Gb of storage and 400 Gb of transfer for 10 bucks this month). If someone wants that package, they can honestly go somewhere else.
    Walter Landman
    Simplicato - Email Hosting

I don't see any competing going on. I filled out the form a few days ago, and last night received a single e-mail with an "offer" which was horrible. I mean, not just horrible in comparison to the rates you see in WHT offers, but horrible in comparison to any host.

The whole setup doesn't seem very promising for hosts or customers.

Kevin

Originally posted by wlandman
    I think the idea is quite good. Marketting your website right now is very very hard. We have put money into Google only to find our Ad listed at #30 ..

So I'm beginning to think the best form of advertising is word of mouth. You can add yourself to the webhosting directories, make message posts (like I'm doing), etc, etc, but it wont help. I think we were like on page 300 of some webhosting directory and yeah like a user will ever get to there. The Top few ISP's buy up all the big spots, and unless you have thousands of dollars to put your ad everywhere then your in trouble.

Also you now have all these ISP's who depend on Cogent, so basically they get there bandwidth very very cheap -- can't wait to see what will happen when Cogent goes down the drain.

I can't imagine we will be using Bizient (Dont really feel like giving somebody 10 Gb of storage and 400 Gb of transfer for 10 bucks this month). If someone wants that package, they can honestly go somewhere else.
    Well I bit the bullet and signed up (as an ISP). Just downloaded a spreadsheet of about 950 leads... how the heck will I email all these people?

How did you sign up as an ISP ? There is no visible link.
    Walter Landman
    Simplicato - Email Hosting