internet explorer help

Hi

I accidenly installed German Version Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1. How do i change it to english? I tried installing the english version over this but it didn't solve the problem. I even removed Internet Explorer completely n reinstalled it. But still no luck. Can someone help me please?

Nien

Simon

Straight from IE Help
    -------------------------------

To specify another language for Web-page content

Some Web sites offer their content in several languages. To view these pages in your preferred language, you can add languages to your list of languages in Internet Explorer.

On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options.
    On the General tab, click Languages.
    Click Add.
    Select the language you want to add.
    Note

If you speak several languages, you can arrange them in order of priority. If a Web site offers multiple languages, content will appear in the language that has the highest priority.
    ---------------------------------

So if you can figure out how to do this you should be able to fix it..

Alt-T to Tools then O for options then Alt-L for lanuages then highlight english and clikc ok.. should do the trick hope this helps.

I already tried dat. It didn't work. The thing is i can view the sites in English and the top toolbars are in english but wen i right click on a page to save pictures dat menu is in German. So basically right-click menu, status bar n error messages are displayed in german. so can anyone help me?

You can try this:

Start > Settings > Control Panel, then select 'Regional and Language Options. If it's not set for English there change it to the language of your choice.

Or you could use it as a great opportunity to learn German

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

still no luck

From Microsofts Technet site

How to uninstall Internet Explorer 6

This is your best bet.

Simon

Or ...better still...your problem is addressed here: German Bug in ie6

Simon

Vass ?

what next ? march on Poland ?

When you uninstall iE6 make sure to delete any registry keys that are there!!!

Then goto Microsofts page and d/l the english version and itm will work for you.....

If you dont delete the registy keys,deleting the file isnt much good.....to get to the registry,goto START/RUN/regedit and goto SEARCH and put in 'internet explorer' it will gbring up all keys referring to it. (*** ONLY GO INTO THE REGISTRY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING,PLEASE.....YOU CAN MESS UP COMPUTER ALL UP!!! ***)

Good luck my friend,

The Dude

Click on the second menu bar from the right in IE, go down to the last, which is internet options. there will be an area with 4 buttons on the bottom from left to right, choose the second button to the left in that row. From there you will see 4 buttons from top to bottom, click on the bottom one in that column of four, the language you want is en-us, or search for English.. Should be easy to find from there.

Hope that will help..

I have a similar problem. When I installed Win XP over Win 2000 my Swedish version Adobe Pagemaker suddenly turned into an english version. This shouldn't be possible at all! The only thing in Pagemaker that's still in Swedish is the Help.

I think the problem with IE not showing up in English is solved somewhere in the registry.
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's done this. My printer's help files are in German and my scanner files are in Spanish. Guess that makes me bilingual...trilingual?