Question Bizarre . . . Domain Hiest?

Hello,

This is good enough reason for me to stop lurking . . .

This afternoon I got an e-mail from a customer saying she wanted to change her name servers, but when she logged into the management system, her domain was not listed in her account.

I went a did a whois on it and it was her contact information.

I got in touch with RegisterFly support and they gave me an internal e-mail address to direct my problem to. I did, but have not heard a response . . .

Moments ago, I did another whois on the domain and all of the contact information is different. It's now some guy in Florida, who has a site that forwards to a BB for EDM lovers.

Any suggestions on what could cause this? And will she ever be able to get her domain back?

Thanks,
    Jesse Barron
    [email protected]
    Epitomized Hosting: Exceeding Your Expectations
    www.epitomized.com

My internal contact at RegisterFly just got back to me . . . 2 1/2 hour response time is excellent, I think . . . considering what some people claim to have to go through . . .

Everything has been resolved.

As a courtesy, I went in and repointed her domain, as requested. The whois updated right away in regards to that.

The contact info is still the mysterious guy in Florida, but I changed that info too and maybe, just maybe this will be behind me.

Of course, I tried turning my awesome support with the customer into a soft sell She only used my site to register a domain.

Still quite perplexed as to what happened . . . any ideas . . . anybody?
    Jesse Barron
    [email protected]
    www.epitomized.com

My thought is that if Registerfly was able to resolve the problem so quickly it was probably a problem caused by them and contained within their system. You may be happy with the support time, but I would now be worried about the apparent insecurity of their system.
    "I highly suggest you quietly fade away." -President of Invision Power Services, Charles Warner -- PM to me after banning me (a lifetime license holder) for expressing my opinion that IP Dynamic will not sell, and is taking time away from the development of IPB.

Shhhhhh!

Shhhh, you weren't supposed to say that!

I cannot admit that to myself . . . simply, I cannot.
    Jesse Barron
    [email protected]
    www.epitomized.com

I just switched to enom directly -- even though RegisterFly is an enom reseller.

Time to send an e-mail to everyone that has registered through me telling them to update their domains at RegisterFly and not at my site . . . that's a time consuming task involving going through e-mail archives from signup cc's. Blah.
    Jesse Barron
    [email protected]
    www.epitomized.com

epitomized, welcome to the world of enom resellers.
    Founder of TradeHolding.com B2B Network and OneLoveNet.com Singles & Dating
    >> Business Blog
    >> Business Links Directory

thanks So far, so good . . . the e-mail didn't take as long as I imagined with the wonderful search feature . . .

In regards to the subject of this . . . I just noticed "hiest" didn't look right.

Why is it that the rule never ends up being "i after e, except after c?"
    Jesse Barron
    [email protected]
    www.epitomized.com

I think it's Heist, personally. But it's not a word you hear or see every day - and I am too lazy to goto m-w.com or dictionary.com.

As for your customer's issue, I would be apt to think it was a problem on their side that might have been solved with checking out the IP of the info changer (assuming the problem was from outside their internal system).

-WC-