Thumbs up New Logo www.rackeasy.com

What does everyone think about Rack Easy's, new logo?

Hmm...no direct link, and whiff of marketing...but it's in the review section.

Okay - having to open new browser window and copy/paste your signature...

...I'd say that I absolutely love your buttons...

...but in all honesty the logo doesn't seem to fit with the website. No matching colour scheme, and what is the purpose? Seriously - it looks like a liquorice allsort.

You've got such a well-designed and professional looking site that it really does look as if you ran out of money before you could get a logo done.

That's not intended to be snide or nasty, seriously.

If you want a logo, think about what you want that logo to represent - the co. name? an abstract idea? what?

Then ensure that you have a logo that fits around your current design [colour scheme included] - or else redesign everything around the logo.

Btw - the comments include the logo writing as well - plain white font + plain orange font.

Recommend you stylise a font style especifically [or find one that suddenly clicks or says "oh, yeah!"] and then use a fragmented colour scheme based on silver, white, and orange. NO blue on blue background!

I know what I'm thinking of...but there are many possibilities. Brainstorm with them.
    Last edited by I, Brian; 10-08-2002 at 11:08 AM.

The url is in the title..

The logo got a little screwed up because of the area we had to work with, which is why i'm posting. The logo look's beatiful by it'self in .psd (300dpi) for print.

Anymore suggestion's, criticism, etc.

The url is in the title..

Yes, but it's not something I could right click into a new window.

The logo got a little screwed up because of the area we had to work with

Something I've learned the hard way is that for websites you really need to do the work on the exact sized canvas you need, otherwise the quality really suffers on resizing. I still need to do it to my main site,

The logo is pixelated (Someone not careful in photoshop with their strokes)

It isn't integrated very well, looks "Stuck" in, but just opinions here.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Yes & Yes, I'm thinking to have the logo re-done although the print format of it is perfect.

http://www.rackeasy.com/index.php?do...x=28&check.y=0

You might have someone alter your domain whois program not to pull blank results as those.

Have it default to domain pricing etc
    dotGig

1200 DPI 12 x 12 PICA
    dotGig

Originally posted by Samuel
    http://www.rackeasy.com/index.php?do...x=28&check.y=0

You might have someone alter your domain whois program not to pull blank results as those.
    Lol Samuel, I'm well aware of that . Our system is currently under construction when it's done people will be able to register, and manage every aspect on a domain like a real registar, and untill it's done we really don't want to accept any order's for domain's although I will get that fixed asap.

Cool
    dotGig

Your site is down

i like the logo .. its nice
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: [email protected] | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : [email protected] |

Ok - maybe I was a little harsh with the logo [or maybe not].

I guess the problem is that you drew attention to a specific part of a sleek website that you knew yourself didn't fit in.

Yea I'm trying to figure out if it's good enough to stay, or re-do or ;o) you know.

I like it better without the new logo

After all, that was how i was designed.

Comparing the two layouts, the Advanta one is super clean compared to the Rack Easy, something's going to give
    dotGig

I liked it much better...minus the new logo.

Crikey! That's darn blatant re: Advanta...

You don't think you'll get a bad rep for that? Or is it all free and easy?

And to think there was me worrying about a backlash if I used a 10x10 pixel GIF fragment!

Originally posted by I, Brian
    Crikey! That's darn blatant re: Advanta...

You don't think you'll get a bad rep for that? Or is it all free and easy?

And to think there was me worrying about a backlash if I used a 10x10 pixel GIF fragment!

Both sites are designed by the same person...

Are they???

It looks like one is plagiarising the other. That's not in the slightest bit good.

One of you should ask for your money back, or a replacement design with different elements, not least colour and logo, for starters.

If it's a freebie or favour between friends then greater effort should be made to distinguish one from the other. The name logo is such a direct repetition that it harms you both as companies.

That's if you are both actually businesses, rather than hobbyists.

If it's the latter, and you're in it for kicks and fun, then there really is no issue.

Are they???

It looks like one is plagiarising the other. That's not in the slightest bit good.

One of you should ask for your money back, or a replacement design with different elements, not least colour and logo, for starters.

If it's a freebie or favour between friends then greater effort should be made to distinguish one from the other. The name logo is such a direct repetition that it harms you both as companies.

That's if you are both actually businesses, rather than hobbyists.

If it's the latter, and you're in it for kicks and fun, then there really is no issue.
    I don't see how they are alike. Many sites use the same colors.

it's kind of a mess.... a little busy maybe?

I'm glad you're happy with it, Avanta Host, but I have to go with I, Brian on this one. Yesterday when I saw your site for the first time, I immediately thought of RackEasy, as I'd looked at his logo earlier in the day. In my mind, I could've sworn they were the same site. A closer look did show that there are of course differences, but there are enough similarities where I would be asking for a refund. But again, the fact that you're both happy with the designs and don't see a problem is what's important.

Either way I couldn't ask a refund from myself

Yes - and it is a nice design. But the logo especially, in which attention was specifically drawn to - it's the same except for the text.

At the very least that ought to be changed - perhaps something more adventurous

If a customer saw both sites, and suspected that one was ripping off the other without knowing which was which, then suspicion would rest on both sites and the customer move on.

Really, sites need something that sticks out as different, to some degree. You've got nice skills as a designer, but you need to be able to deliver a unique design for each unique customer. Even if it's intended a freebie or favour for folks like rackeasy, you're in danger of shooting both of yourselves in the foot. Free or info sites - yes, with a changed logo it could possibly work. But as a buiness venture it's not at all best practice.

Very nice layout

Yes - and it is a nice design. But the logo especially, in which attention was specifically drawn to - it's the same except for the text.

At the very least that ought to be changed - perhaps something more adventurous

If a customer saw both sites, and suspected that one was ripping off the other without knowing which was which, then suspicion would rest on both sites and the customer move on.

Really, sites need something that sticks out as different, to some degree. You've got nice skills as a designer, but you need to be able to deliver a unique design for each unique customer. Even if it's intended a freebie or favour for folks like rackeasy, you're in danger of shooting both of yourselves in the foot. Free or info sites - yes, with a changed logo it could possibly work. But as a buiness venture it's not at all best practice.
    As someone else said in another thread, as long as a customer is happy that is all that matters.

as long as a customer is happy that is all that matters.

No - as long as you only give your best service, that's all that matters. Using the same header graphic and logo design is just plain lazy.

Come one, now, Advanta - surely you've got a more professional head on those shoulders? You've got some nice skills - don't spoil the finish.
    Last edited by I, Brian; 10-12-2002 at 02:15 AM.

I like the text but I think the litte image next to the text needs a little work.

Lightbulb

The logo looks okay, but for some reason it reminds me of a baby pacifier.

Good logo, bad text next to the logo...... also i'm not a fan of the design layout - its just weird and too imagy. i'm tired of this design - this kind of weird minituare futuristic feel. i've seen if everywhere and I'm sick of it especially in web hosting providers.

Hmmmm just noticed:

http://www.rackeasy.com/?action=dedicated
    http://www.hostriot.com/main.php?action=dedicated

Somewhat similar Did the same person design these all?

Yep - but I'm half wondering if someone merely purchased a professional template, and then slightly modified designs from it to sell to other people.

If that's the case then there could be a serious copyright/distribution issue.

If not, then it's plain and simple laziness on the part of the designer.

Yep - but I'm half wondering if someone merely purchased a professional template, and then slightly modified designs from it to sell to other people.

If that's the case then there could be a serious copyright/distribution issue.

If not, then it's plain and simple laziness on the part of the designer.
    There could be no copyright cases made or anything like that. Having the same colors as a site, even almost looking identical isn't illegal and doesn't mean anything at all....

Take cars for example there's tons of cars that are almost identical to others...

The layouts of those pages are totally different, all the graphics are changed. Why would someone purchase a template if they could change it that good? They would have no need to buy a template. If they could change it that good, why not change the colors?

If all those sites were designed by the same person it wouldn't make sense. Why would someone with those skills keep making a page almost identical?

I've seen tons of sites that look similar to rackeasy... It's because it's trendy!

I did enjoy reading all the freaking out though.

It's already noted elsewhere that the same designer did the work, or something like that.

Nothing unique now days, everything bland and fake, except DR PEPPER!
    dotGig

Originally posted by f-w-r
    If all those sites were designed by the same person it wouldn't make sense. Why would someone with those skills keep making a page almost identical?
    I've seen it many times. Either a client sees one of the sites in their portfolio that they really like and say they want one just like it, or the designer wants to make it easier by taking one of their old designs and modifying it instead of starting from scratch. Both will take less time and less work. Yet the client doesn't know that so the profit margin will be higher.

[note] I'm not saying this is the case here or that I approve of such practices, but unfortunately I've seen it done more than once.
    Kevin Hauge
    Modern Leaf Design
    http://www.modernleaf.com