Thread: Hosting layout

Hosting layout

Hi!
    I have enclosed a screenshot of a new design I have made. Would this suit a web hosting company in your opinion?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshotsubpage.gif  
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

Hrmm..

Do you like the colour blue?! I DO! But that much just seems a little to much.. I dunno..

Yeah I like blue...maybe I could change it to orange?
    Hostime Managed Hosting

No one should really look to place black text on a blue background - hampers readability.

Possibly too blue - try for a more neutral colour, and experiment with different ones.

Orange? You jest, yes? Unless you're selling industrial waste products for agricultural use...

I'm a fan of blue as well ... but this may be a bit much. The black on blue text is not the easiest to read. Also, the header text is quite large, shrink that down a little bit.

... why is there a picture of oranges in your header?
    Kevin Hauge
    Modern Leaf Design
    http://www.modernleaf.com

I think it looks too cluttered!
    Kaumil P.

oranges? why it is elementary, watson. lots of vitamin c -> healthier servers =]
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

lol...it was all i could find
    oranges? why it is elementary, watson. lots of vitamin c -> healthier servers =]
    the reason...
    Hostime Managed Hosting

I would stay with blue other than orange. Reason being is that blue conveys a sense of professionalism now that blue has been the standard for most corporate web designs.

I feel like the bearer of bad news with all of these bad critiques im giving. Its just the truth. I dont think its very good at all. In my opinion it looks like a newbie made it and that is probably because i newbie did make it. All of these small hosting start ups suck people are inexperienced have no idea what they are doing and are just trying to make quick money. None of them will really succeed in the end.

I agree. If you need design inspiration, go to a web site like coolhomepages.com. But DO NOT take screen shots and start plastering other peoples' designs with your own text -- I've seen that done before and it sucks quite badly.

So visit sites like these and see how the good looking web sites look -- then measure yours up to it.
    JP
    Justified Existence - my blog on blogging and writing for a living.

The only thing that's wrong in my opinion is the dark blue colour dosen't really suit a webhosting company,Dosen't look very professional

I personally think a blue that dark is suitable for accent, but not for the main color of the page. Then again, I'm old enough to be your dad

It may depend on who your target audience is. They are the ones who ultimately decide whether or not you have a nice site
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

Layout wise looks ok, just overkill on the blue IMHO.