Domain not resolving

Hello,

I have one customer who had change his domain name server to point to our new server.He updated his name server at 30 Sep but till now the domain still not resolve to the new server and is still pointing to the old server.Any ideas about this?

Andy

Check the whois report on his domain to see if it is pointing to your server or his old providers.

-Steven
    http://www.insiderhosting.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Cogent in One Wilshire, Los Angeles!
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Hello,

I have did a WHOIS at his domain registrar and the domain name server was already pointing to our server.

Andy

Hello,

I have one customer who had change his domain name server to point to our new server.He updated his name server at 30 Sep but till now the domain still not resolve to the new server and is still pointing to the old server.Any ideas about this?

Andy

It may be a propogation issue.

Go to www.geektools.com and use their traceroute tool, and trace the domain name and see if it resloves to an IP on your server. If most of those servers resolve to you then its probably a problem with the customers ISPs DNS. If they do not reslove, then its proably a problem with your DNS.

You should do a nslookup to your name server to make absolute sure you are broadcasting the right info.

Regards,
    Alvin Slocombe
    E-Insites - "Web services, simplified."

Hello,

Thanks for the prompt reply.I have try editing the DNS zone on the old server to point to the new server.I did a ping for the domain after some period and found that the domain resolved to the new server IP but the domain is not fully propagate yet.

Andy