Introductory Email

have designed a Introductory email ....need some reviews before sending it . Wordings , usage of graphics etc . LINK HERE
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: sales@featuredhost.com | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : sales@featuredhost.com |

Greetings:

1. This looks like it may be a SPAM email. I hope that everyone who receives the email has personally asked for the email, is an existing customer, or has otherwise designated it is ok for your company to send them email.

If you purchased a list, then the email will be SPAM to the recipients.

2. Grammar matters.

"I am Arindra Datta"

Is one sentence.

"I am presenting you with our Special Web Hosting offer for the festive season."

Is a separate sentence. You can use a conjunction; but none was present.

There are numerous other grammar errors.

3. "the festive season"

What festive season? Will it be festive for the recipient?

4. "For just Rs.1500"

What's that in U.S. dollars?

Will the recipients understand the monentary notation you used?

5. Watch contradictions in your offer.

A. "A dedicated support team helping you via email and phone and monitoring your website."

Keyword here is "phone."

B. "Every client is provided with a State-of-Art Ticket reply system through which he can contact his SysAdmin for his queries."

Notice the contradiction in that it gives the impression that phone support may not be provided?

There's more... but this should be a start.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

errr thx for the reply ...

1 . It will not be a spam .. but a mail that will go to members of a community I have teamed up with . there members agree to recieve emails of affiliate sites
    2. Phone Support only during office hours . rest by email and support centre
    3. About Currency and Festive Offer ... this email is totaly local promotion , and hence ppl would truly understand .

rest ... thanx for the checking .. is exactly what I wanted .

Since I am giving my real name , I don;t think it could be SPAM .
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: sales@featuredhost.com | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : sales@featuredhost.com |

Greetings:

1. "Since I am giving my real name , I don;t think it could be SPAM."

SPAM is unsolicited email.

Your givinig your real name would not make something that is SPAM not SPAM.

Your giving removal instructions would not make something that is SPAM not SPAM.

If they have not specifically agreed to receive email specifically from the company / sender, then it is SPAM. Nothing else changes that important fact.

2. "2. Phone Support only during office hours . rest by email and support centre "

Don't tell me ;-) Put it in your letter.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Originally posted by dynamicnet
    Greetings:

1. "Since I am giving my real name , I don;t think it could be SPAM."

SPAM is unsolicited email.

Your givinig your real name would not make something that is SPAM not SPAM.

Your giving removal instructions would not make something that is SPAM not SPAM.

If they have not specifically agreed to receive email specifically from the company / sender, then it is SPAM. Nothing else changes that important fact.

2. "2. Phone Support only during office hours . rest by email and support centre "

Don't tell me ;-) Put it in your letter.

Thank you.

HEY YOU >... LISTEN and LISTEN GOOD !!!!

It may be that you manage Servers .. for all I care

Looks like You cant read or you can't read english !!! can you ?? I mentioned that the Emails were specifuically for the members who specificaly agree that they can recieve emails from any affililiate site .

Secondly , what I will write in my Email or post here is my Discretion ... I said thank you when the first time You posted since it was constructive crititcism . But this time .. what you are doing is Vengeance .
    Why don't you go back to managing your servers they do requiere your attention you know .

I come here for learning and sharing from fellow members ... and not arguing with them . I know what is SPAM !!! I don't need that leson from you .

Originally posted by flashgear
    HEY YOU >... LISTEN and LISTEN GOOD !!!!

It may be that you manage Servers .. for all I care

Looks like You cant read or you can't read english !!! can you ?? I mentioned that the Emails were specifuically for the members who specificaly agree that they can recieve emails from any affililiate site .
    What dynamicnet was pointing out was your comment that "since you were giving your real name, it couldn't be SPAM". SPAM is defined by mail that is sent to people that have not requested it. It does not matter what the information says or if it is true. But as you stated, they requested getting e-mail so it is not SPAM.

Secondly , what I will write in my Email or post here is my Discretion ... I said thank you when the first time You posted since it was constructive crititcism . But this time .. what you are doing is Vengeance .
    Why don't you go back to managing your servers they do requiere your attention you know .

I come here for learning and sharing from fellow members ... and not arguing with them . I know what is SPAM !!! I don't need that leson from you .
    If I recall correctly, you were the one who asked for people to review your e-mail and the content within. But when someone states their opinion and gives a suggestion, you jump all over them and say that you will write whatever you want to write. If you did not want any opinions, why did you post?

All in all, if you come here to learn and share with the members and not argue, then I would recommend refraining from hurling insults at people. That's a good way to start an arguement ... not get a review.
    Kevin Hauge
    Modern Leaf Design
    http://www.modernleaf.com

Greetings:

I am very sorry you where offended by my response to your request to review the letter.

I did read your post. My response had to do with your stating you were given your real name, and that would alleviate the SPAM issue; it does not.

If the people receiving the mailing know and agree they will accept emails specifically from your company, then it is not SPAM.

I realize you stated the people on the list agreed to receive emails from affiliates. Your words are true, but the people may or may not have agreed (I receive scores of SPAM stating I agreed as an affiliate of such and such; and, I did not agree).

Furthermore, they may view your email as SPAM since you did not get their permission to email them (there is a huge difference in email with permission as an affiliate and emailing with direct permission).

I'm sorry you view my responses to your statements as vengence. It is not.

My initial recommendations concerning grammar (also spelling) stand.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

thanx Dynamiccent .. it's just that I am neither very much in favor f SPAM , so I don't like ppl saying that I do it myself .

as for abovecenter :
    But when someone states their opinion and gives a suggestion, you jump all over them and say that you will write whatever you want to write. If you did not want any opinions, why did you post?
    Please see that I also mentioned :
    I said thank you when the first time You posted since it was constructive crititcism .
    So I am not saying don't reply unles you have got something good to write I only mentioned when he took out only the points which were immaterial . skipping the parts that justified my Emailing .

neway ..... PEACE