Thread: logo cleanup

logo cleanup

Hi,

We need someone to cleanup the attached logo and create a PROPER PSD for this which we can use for printing materials such as letterheads, envelopes, merchandising and such...

The colour that was used is I believe #0066CC anf black; the font is plain simple verdana I think...

If someone is able to do this, we would gladly offer a one year domain registration for free (as you already have the example, I think a skilled designer doesn't really need to work hard on this, right?)

Thanks in advance for your help!

David.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails speedpacketlogo.jpg  
    David Heremans
    SPEEDPACKET.com
    a service provided by JustOneFee.com

** We offer support in English, Dutch and French.

Whoops - I uploaded the wrong example; the blue border should be left out of that example, and it should have a TRANSPARENT background... My apologies for the inconvenience...

David.
    David Heremans
    SPEEDPACKET.com

I have made it, I hope you like it.
    Freelance designer, providing CHEAP and HIGH QUALITY designs.
    EMail: webmaster[at]phatronic.com
    Y! Messenger ID: phatronic - ICQ: 159396474
    Portfolio: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75511

Although "hard" work is not involved.....it's still work.

I would gladly take $10.00 for the project, as I have no need for domain services.
    Mark - Owner/Lead Designer
    avidInteractive
    Lead vocalist for Circle7: Circle7 on MTV

Photoshop isn't the proper tool for a logo. It needs to be done in Ilustrator or Freehand.
    Laura K.
    http://www.madmousergraphics.com
    graphic design for grownups

I did it, free. Send me an email. I've got the AI and PSD.

Originally posted by madmouser
    Photoshop isn't the proper tool for a logo. It needs to be done in Ilustrator or Freehand.
    Okay - I'm not really into designing, but my printing supplier asked me to deliver the material in PSD format...

Why isn't this good?

David.
    David Heremans
    SPEEDPACKET.com

You want it created in a vector based program so you can scale the image properly for letterheads, biz cards, brochures, etc.

Originally posted by belaus

Okay - I'm not really into designing, but my printing supplier asked me to deliver the material in PSD format...

Why isn't this good?

David.
    Because it's resolution dependent. Did he say what resolution he wanted it at, 300ppi, 600 ppi, 1200 ppi? And what size?
    A logo done in Photoshop or other bitmap program only works at the resolution (pixels per inch) it was designed in. If you need more pixels, you have to start over and recreate it to get something that prints right.
    Illustrator and other vector formats are resolution independent. Vectors use mathematical equations to determine start/end points and redraw accordingly. You can take the same logo and put it on a pen or on a billboard and it will look smooth and non-pixelated. It can be saved as formats for web, print, signmaking, embroidery, etc. and at any resolution.
    Standard format for commercial printing is EPS (Encapsulated Post Script) which preserves vector capabilities. Your printer may be converting the psd file to vector. If so, you'll be paying a hefty price for it.
    It takes a lot of experience to set things up properly for printing to get the best possible product for the lowest possible cost.
    On the web, it costs nothing to fix an error or something that doesn't look good. Printing is a whole different story.
    Laura K.

Okay folks,

It's my fault - he actually requested a file in CORELDRAW format (all text converted to vectors?!?), and if I wouldn't get my hand on that, PSD would be a possibility, but would indeed not be as good, for the reasons you have told me - thank you!

So, if there is anyone that can convert it to coreldraw for me - I'd REALLY appreciate it!
    David Heremans
    SPEEDPACKET.com

Originally posted by belaus
    Okay folks,

It's my fault - he actually requested a file in CORELDRAW format (all text converted to vectors?!?), and if I wouldn't get my hand on that, PSD would be a possibility, but would indeed not be as good, for the reasons you have told me - thank you!
    So, if there is anyone that can convert it to coreldraw for me - I'd REALLY appreciate it!
    Corel Draw is a vector program. Not one that a lot of people use, though, particularly for web.
    If he can open an Illustrator or EPS file (backsaved as needed -- he'll know what I mean) I can take care of it for you.
    Laura K.