Thread: Completely new

* Completely new

I'd like to start off by saying, hello everyone. I am new to this forum and to the web hosting biz, I would like to start one up so I can support a game I am creating ( Http:// ) and so I can get some extra money in my pocket. Right now I have $400 I am looking to spend on Atleast 2 months of hosting (Hopefully 4-5gigs of space and 40+ gigs/month bandwith), as well as advertising ($50-100?). Can anyone give me some advice on some good hosts, good advertising methods, money transfers, all of that stuff.. As well as how/where to buy cheap domains?

Like I said, I am completely new to this and would like to start up a succesful business.

Thanks in advanced!

I just got a host, a few domains, ect.. Now I just need advertising. I don't have a credit card right now (Got shred up), but have a paypal account with $100 in it, anyone know of a good pay-pal-accepting advertiser?

Toronto, Ontario
    I don't know if this is the right forum to do that, but you should try:

PPC is expensive now, before it use to be cheap Try finding ways to market it cheaply.
    Kaumil P.

I would suggest searching these forums for a good reliable host this forum is full of them.. I would say for that much space/bandwidth you are looking at $60-100 a month. If you can lower the amount of space you need to say 1 gig or so you can drop that price dramatically. As far as advertising I would look around the game forums and ask about setting up ads and get some rates.. You can also setup a link back program with other gaming sites. I have noticed that the gaming community seems to usually be very freindly so I dont think you will have a hard time at all.. There is also something called web-rings which you can join and will also give you some nice promotion along with other gaming sites.

Re: Completely new

Originally posted by TetsuoAkira
    Like I said, I am completely new to this and would like to start up a succesful business.

In addition to carefully researching your choice of hosting providers and taking advantage of every marketing opportunity you can afford (your business info in signatures, listings in appropriate online directories, etc.), you should seriously consider putting your business plan down in writing, and in as much detail as possible.

The better you can identify the key issues your business will face -- who are your customers, how will you reach them, how much can you expect to earn, etc. -- the faster a start you can get off to, and the better your odds of success.

Best of luck!
    Shirley Siluk Gregory
    The ebi Group
    Business Plans, Marketing Plans, Resource Guides and Research for Hosts and Resellers