I don't want to bash so I'll not explicitly mention any host in particular, but here's my dilemma:

I posed a few questions to a host on their Contact page (the host in question prominently features "gear"s in their name and logo). It took about 24 hours to get a response, but I got one. However, follow up questions were ignored. I replied to their reply, so I know it went to the person who responded. My question is this: they have decent packages, but the lack of response from the Sales department makes me really nervous that their support department ignores emails as well. Another host responded promptly to all questions (this host's responses were "crystal" clear and their "tech"s seemed knowledgeable). What are your opinions? Is a response or 3 to some emails a good sign of a host's responsibility and quality of customer service, and does this generally roll into their level of support? Both hosts have been mentioned here and have received good reviews, but I'm extremely disheartened by the first one's lack of...well...entusiasm to my potential business.