Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: ::screams::

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    431

    ::screams::

    I am entering all my customers into my new modernbill setup, and let me just tell you, it is tedious. Everything is easy enough when the client signs up with the system but when you want to add clients on your own its ohhhhhh so slow!!!

    Sorry... just needed to let that out
    Jordan Bouvier

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,571
    Hire someone to do it for you.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    431
    Ahhh I could, but where would the satisfaction in that be, plus what would I do with the morphine I just ordered (kidding) to ease me?
    Jordan Bouvier

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,571
    Sell it and make even more money! (kidding too)
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    431
    I almost didn't write the kidding part... but then I thought about the 15 people that would not -get it- and start running around telling everyone that ServerSonic is run by a drug infested addict, so I decided that I better let the world know that it was just a joke.

    I am quite proud to say that I am and have always been drug free... never even smoked a cigarette.
    Jordan Bouvier

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,571
    Originally posted by ServerSonic
    I almost didn't write the kidding part... but then I thought about the 15 people that would not -get it- and start running around telling everyone that ServerSonic is run by a drug infested addict, so I decided that I better let the world know that it was just a joke.
    Or even worse, they'd call the cops on you.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

  7. #7

    Re: ::screams::

    Originally posted by ServerSonic
    I am entering all my customers into my new modernbill setup, and let me just tell you, it is tedious. Everything is easy enough when the client signs up with the system but when you want to add clients on your own its ohhhhhh so slow!!!

    Sorry... just needed to let that out
    Why not use the import script?


    This is a small script for importing BASIC client data.

    It reads from a pipe deliminated file as outlined below.

    You will update three variables and then you can run this file from the ModernBill root directory.
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    431
    I've already used the import script however it will only import the clients themselves. If you want to actually give the clients packages you have to go through client by client adding everything by hand. I guess v4 will have an easier way of doing this but I don't have v4 yet
    Jordan Bouvier

  9. #9
    Originally posted by ServerSonic
    I've already used the import script however it will only import the clients themselves. If you want to actually give the clients packages you have to go through client by client adding everything by hand. I guess v4 will have an easier way of doing this but I don't have v4 yet
    Sorry about that, you are correct.

    You are correct, contiue screaming

    What I did when I switch to modernbill, seeing I bill everyday, I would just move accounts over every day until they were all moved over. Then after a month I would then move my yearly ones.
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Melbourne Downunder
    Posts
    2,296
    I feel your pain
    keep screaming

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,571
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    There. I did all your screaming for you. Now get back to work!
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Melbourne Downunder
    Posts
    2,296
    now I really feel the pain

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    431
    The good news is I finally finished I'm kind of at odds with myself about fully deploying MB right away, but its ready whenever I choose to do so
    Jordan Bouvier

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,277
    We went through the same thing that you just did Jordan. Its a real pain in the arse. Just wait until you need to generate invoices and such

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •