Indiana, Florida

SSL + Cpanel/WHM little problem

I have little problem with SSL on my server.

Before I changed certificate I could access my domain as , my customers could access their sites as (of course they got popup warning that certificate is not for their domain), and lately I changed certificate (old one expired) and now every domain I access ie. , , instead of opening proper domain with popup warning the domain name is opened.

Can anyone have any suggestions why it's not working like it used to?

All accounts are name-based
    Server name is
    Cert is for domain:

My httpd.conf :

<IfDefine SSL>
    ServerAdmin [email protected]
    DocumentRoot /home/vipsnet/public_html
    BytesLog domlogs/
    User vipsnet
    Group vipsnet
    CustomLog /usr/local/apache/domlogs/ "%t %{version}c %{cipher}c %{clientcert}c"
    SSLCertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/share/ssl/private/
    SSLLogFile /var/log/
    UserDir public_html

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/vipsnet/public_html/cgi-bin/

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown

United kingdom
    Are you sure that in the past by going to for example, goes to the client site? The reason that the main is loading when customers use their own domain to access SSL is because they are using the same IP address as the main server, and the following applies to any domain that you use:

DocumentRoot /home/vipsnet/public_html

Your clients should not be using their own domain to use SSL, they should be using (changing username with their account username), assuming this is a CPanel server.

If you want clients to be able use their own domain name, then a new SSL for each domain has to be purchased.

Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

Indiana, Florida
    thank You for your reply, however I'm more than sure I could access any domain like and got the proper content not the site.

I know that every domain with its own cert needs dedicated IP however it used to work and I don't know why it doesn't anymore...

I look at the
    DocumentRoot /home/vipsnet/public_html and I know it is pretty obvious it should serve content from that directory, however it used to work in different way...

I spent 4 hours and gave up... damn ssl

okay, if anyone has any ideas let me know