Alwayswebhosting.com ?

Its my first post on this board although I have been a regular browser since last few days.

Has anyone ever used alwayswebhosting.com?

I want to host 4 sites that need 2GB bandwidth each plus I need shared SSL for shopping cart. Alwayswebhosting.com seems OK from the top to meet that requirement but I would still like to know the experience of other users.

I was unable to find any info. by using 'search' function. that is why this question.

-Phalaris

Re: Alwayswebhosting.com ?

Originally posted by phalaris

I was unable to find any info. by using 'search' function. that is why this question.

-Phalaris
    search for AWH

I was hosted by AWH for about two months. I should have known after the first week (when he lost my entire site) that it would be rough, but I rode it out. Besides services being cut, and overselling bandwidth (he offered 60GB/account but only gave you 10GB) To put it lightly, I have my own server now. I beleive he just moved all his servers to new ones at HE, and is having terrible problems. I am not going to say sont go there, but I will warn you as to what I went thru.

Well, from searches here and reading the forums at AWH, your experience is by FAR the exception rather then the norm. It's funny how I'm under the 60GB plan as well, exceed 10GB every month, and have never received any kind of notification/restriction on bandwidth.

I've been with AWH since May, have 6 domains hosted there, and have had nothing but positive experiences with Ronnie et al. Support tickets have always been dealt with promptly, and I've been able to reach Ronnie by phone at virtually any hour with never a hint of whatareyouinterruptingmewithnow-itis.

I'll let others relate their experiences, but mine thus far have been overwhelmingly positive.

-Dan

P.S. As to the problems re: recent server migrations, I'd suggest getting the information straight from the horse's mouth by reading the AWH forums directly, rather then oblique references to any issues here...

"Well, from searches here and reading the forums at AWH, your experience is by FAR the exception rather then the norm."

I am glad to see someone is getting good service. I am not wishing anything bad for Ronnie, I was just stating my experience.

"It's funny how I'm under the 60GB plan as well, exceed 10GB every month, and have never received any kind of notification/restriction on bandwidth."

I had seen several people complaining about their site shut down because of bandwidth overage. He simply sets everone's limit at 10GB, assuming that most people will not go over. Personally, if I get 60GB, I want to see it.....not have the remainder sold to someone else!

"I've been able to reach Ronnie by phone at virtually any hour with never a hint of whatareyouinterruptingmewithnow-itis. "

I called Ronnie once....during normal hours....and got him in a " whatareyouinterruptingmewithnow-itis" time.....he said he was at a theater.....hmm...company cell phone???

Again, I am not trying to bash his business. I see alot of changes (recently, after I moved) for the better (bandwidth is now 10GB/account) I am glad you are having a good experience. I was simply stating mine.

take care!

I am impressed with AWH and how it has grown within the last 10 months. Of course, like any other web host, there were teething problems and intermittent problems which would occur and the team at AWH did do their very best to rectify them.

The transition from RS to HE was not all problem-free but most issues were tackled with quite impressively.

Althought now I am using them as a backup site as I have moved the main sites to a Dedicated Server, I continue to be impressed by their service support and their responsiveness, usually getting a response in less than 3 hours, sometimes within minutes of posting. It is because of them which shows me that being low-cost does not equate to poor service. I have been on other hosts which cost tons more than what they charged but do not get the same or anywhere close to their service level.

You cannot go wrong with them.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

I have yet to hear Ronnie's voice
    { if Need Graphic Design? then Ask Graphics }
    @ http://www.askgraphics.com

no no... Ronnie is one of the best in the field. Everything he has done has been in the best interest for his clients. And his overselling.. yes, that's true, but as far as I know, he's given 60Gb to those who needed it.
    Geek 3 Computer Repair

Originally posted by ecpHosting
    , he's given 60Gb to those who needed it.
    I have seen those people who got around those limits. but with the move to HE, i believe his costs will get higher and not sure if he can still afford to give that much bandwidth. No one wants loss, but lets see how long will the old customers be allowed to stay with same plans.

However AWH has been quite good so far with me too.

I still dont understand why move away from Rackshack? aren't they cheap and meet the needs ? HE.net is faster but expensive too.

Originally posted by AmericanD
    HE.net is faster but expensive too.

eww, didnt think of that.

Hmmm. HE does have a bit of serious pricing... didnt put that together. hmm.
    Geek 3 Computer Repair

Erik : did i say something wrong ? if so, please correct me. Once i remember you said Ronnie did a good move to HE, wanna explain why do u think that way

Well, I guess it is more technical rather than financial a reason for the move to HE.

From what I understand, he has some 12 servers on RS under his fold and that is a lot of servers to manage. With the HE network, he was able to build a server farm with load-balancing servers and networks. I guess this is a move to being the 2nd phase of growth for AWH.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Hi Everyone, sorry I haven't been watching WHT closely -- Keeping our customers happy is always my #1 priority, way before spending time reviewing threads here. However, with that in mind, here's my thoughts.

Originally posted by mksolutions
    "It's funny how I'm under the 60GB plan as well, exceed 10GB every month, and have never received any kind of notification/restriction on bandwidth."

I had seen several people complaining about their site shut down because of bandwidth overage. He simply sets everone's limit at 10GB, assuming that most people will not go over. Personally, if I get 60GB, I want to see it.....not have the remainder sold to someone else!
    Just to set the record straight, this is completely inaccurate. We set everyone's starting bandwidth limit to 10 or 12 GB's a month or so. That usually is fine most all of our customers. If you get close to that limit we bump it up, no problem.

I believe the issue that mksolutions is referring to is during a one-week period the "80% usage notification" we usually get so that we can increase customers' bandwidth limits wasn't notifying us (good old Cpanel bug), and that's why a handful of sites got the bandwidth exceeded notice. (I think this is where a 'they kick you off for 5 gb/month rumor started?") This has long-since been corrected, and we have never once asked someone to leave our service for less than the 10, 20, 30, or the previous 60 GB plan they joined with. (other than for ToS violations)

I called Ronnie once....during normal hours....and got him in a " whatareyouinterruptingmewithnow-itis" time.....he said he was at a theater.....hmm...company cell phone???
    Haha, at least you got a hold of me. Company cell phone? Yes. I personally think being able to get a hold of 'someone' is better than a voicemailbox or ring-ring-ring... I'm sorry if I was unable to talk openly with you at that time. I think I do remember stating can I call you back, or call me back shortly, etc... maybe? Oh well, either way mksolutions has to admit our support has been excellent as a whole.

------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by eddy2099
    I am impressed with AWH and how it has grown within the last 10 months. Of course, like any other web host, there were teething problems and intermittent problems which would occur and the team at AWH did do their very best to rectify them.

The transition from RS to HE was not all problem-free but most issues were tackled with quite impressively.
    Originally posted by americanD
    I still dont understand why move away from Rackshack? aren't they cheap and meet the needs ? HE.net is faster but expensive too.
    Originally posted by ecpHosting
    no no... Ronnie is one of the best in the field. Everything he has done has been in the best interest for his clients. And his overselling.. yes, that's true, but as far as I know, he's given 60Gb to those who needed it.
    When AWH was started as a 'RackShack.net host', we never expected to grow as quickly as we did -- exceeding my own expectations and frankly, shocking the web hosting industry. With the capabilities and resources available to us at RackShack, the 60 GB plan was not difficult to offer. However, numerous behind-the-scenes issues started to become evident at RackShack, which *strongly* encouraged/forced the move. From the customer standpoint, we were confident that completing a move (while working through its associated troubles and problems) was the best option before things got any worse at RS. My biggest fear was leaving our client-base stranded with downed sites, or who knows what else because of RS problems.

This doesn't even consider the difficulty of maintaining, securing, updating, and balancing site-load across 10-20 servers, let alone the reliability, performance, and speed experienced with the RackShack equipment... This is why we bit-the-bullet and purchased 4 custom servers, which are now online in the fastservers.net data center (within he.net in Fremont, CA) As has been stated here and on our forums, these systems are extremely powerful, more stable, and offer a lot of things we could not offer before (SCSI drives, RAID-5, load-balancing, etc.)

We believe the migration to a server farm was and is critical for the continued growth and success of AWH. (Managing 100 RS servers in a year makes me cringe) It is very true that the server-farm costs are much higher, but it is a cost we are willing to absorb to continue to offer the best possible service to our customers. And, from everything I can tell and have been told, sites are faster and performing much better on the new server farm.

<snip> I continue to be impressed by their service support and their responsiveness, usually getting a response in less than 3 hours, sometimes within minutes of posting. It is because of them which shows me that being low-cost does not equate to poor service. I have been on other hosts which cost tons more than what they charged but do not get the same or anywhere close to their service level. You cannot go wrong with them. [/B]
    Thanks -- I think this statement and others on WHT and our own forums will show that customer service is our focus, always is and always will be. Even during the difficult server move process, we were always there helping, hand-holding, and fixing for our customers.

Anyways, you can PM me or email ronnie@... if I missed a question anyone had in this thread.
    Ronnie T. Moore, Founder/Owner
    AlwaysWebHosting.com Friendly, feature-packed Cpanel hosting, that can't be beat!
    cPanel 11 Fantastico Multiple-Domain hosting (Host up to 25 domains with one account!)
    Sales/Support via phone, email, help desk, forums, FAQ's, instant messenger, live chat

Having been an AWH customer for 7 months now I can say that the support and service provided by them has always been excellent. The recent server move was not without some bumps but, that seems to be over now and my sites are back to running smoothly.

Service has always been fast and courteous. I would highly recommend them.
    Feelings are not tools for rational thought.

Originally posted by alwaysweb
    When AWH was started as a 'RackShack.net host', we never expected to grow as quickly as we did -- exceeding my own expectations and frankly, shocking the web hosting industry.
    Was there an article stating this?

Originally posted by Curtis H.

Was there an article stating this?
    Well, if you are a customer of AWH or been following their track record, you would noticed that they add between 1 to 2 new servers to their fold each month. This shows the customer growth over the year that they operated.

We have seen countless other low-cost web providers which died off after a couple of months of operations working on a single server or two but we just see AWH growing.

Seeing them still around and ever expanding shows that they have a rather sound business framework or considerably good luck. Whatever it is, it is still a great host backed by great people who love what they are doing.

Yes, it was on the front page of cnn.com, didn't you see it? But Seriously, I have been contacted by a LOT of hosts and customers who found our growth phenomenal. That's what I was referring to. Eddy's post is exactly right as well.

Curtis, I wish you'd stay out of our threads. Its obvious you have a serious distaste for AWH.
    AlwaysWebHosting.com Friendly, feature-packed Cpanel hosting, that can't be beat!
    cPanel 11 Fantastico Multiple-Domain hosting (Host up to 25 domains with one account!)
    Sales/Support via phone, email, help desk, forums, FAQ's, instant messenger, live chat

Curtis H. has been in forums of other hosts too. I thought he was booted from a webhost for hogging reseources. I recall seeing his posts at VenturesOnline. For some reason, I thought he was part of their tech support team. Not sure if he really was.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

Ronnie, I asked a simple question regarding a statement YOU made. But I found your ramblings entertaining.

intellec, sorry to inform you but that must be someone else as I never was a client of Venturesonline nor a registered member on their forums. Furthermore, I've never been booted from a webhost for hogging resources. Okay?

...we never expected to grow as quickly as we did -- exceeding my own expectations and frankly, shocking the web hosting industry.
    Yes, it was on the front page of cnn.com, didn't you see it? But Seriously, I have been contacted by a LOT of hosts and customers who found our growth phenomenal. That's what I was referring to.

Curtis, I wish you'd stay out of our threads. Its obvious you have a serious distaste for AWH.
    Well, I have to say that I found that statement a bit hard to swallow as well. The 'web hosting industry' is more than a handful of hosts who contacted you. I don't think you can harp on Curtis for pointing out the obvious. Carry on...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Ronnie: Noone was "shocked" at your growth. But well done anyways.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Haha, thanks you two.

Well, I've been with AWH for about 7 months by now, heading into 8 soon... or did I already hit 8? I'm presently hosting 6 domains with them as well, and will probably add number 7 soon.

Anyway, great plans, even greater customer service. Ron is one person you can entrust your web hosting to. I've been very happy with the uptime as well as the timely responses I get for my trouble tickets submitted.

Of course, there will always be a few frustrated clients, but that's business for you.

All in all, I say go with them - you definitely can't go wrong with this decision

I've been with AWH for 6-8 months... and have 7 domains there and have very often requested Ronnie to do things for me... he's been great every single time, even with live help online.

All in all, when you first join, you think to yourself, "this is too good to be true"... but after being with AWH for so long, I know I've got it good...

So believe you me... AWH is awesome.

yup AWH is good

I've hosted with Ronnie since January 2002, and I am highly pleased with the new server farm. I host a web tracking site, Ideal-Tracker.com. As a remote tracker, uptime and reliability are of the utmost importance. By comparing the results of remote tracking with a same-server tracker I use for test purposes, I can tell when the remote tracking server is performing well and when it is not. I must admit that I was disappointed with the performance of the Rackshack servers. I would regard their performance as only fair. But, now, with the move to the HE server farm, the tracker performance has been outstanding.

Also, I want to add that Ronnie's customer service has always been excellent. I would highly recommend AWH to anyone.

Robert
    ideal-tracker.com
    Last edited by Chicken; 10-15-2002 at 02:49 AM.

From the first page of AWH:
    "The best web hosting you'll ever find. Guaranteed."

Thanks for that statement, that saved me a lot of time in deciding.
    You'll get fewer complaints from over performing than from over promising.

Ronnie is a great guy and extremely easy to reach and very quick to respond to questions (especially when there's a forum involved mile: ).

Unfortunately I'm leaving alwayswebhosting because of some ugly technical issue that could not be resolved (disappearing/non bounce back email between clients and colleagues also hosted on AWH). We also continue to have 'domain owner not found' issues with mail on a couple of different and unrelated accounts. I think AWH/Ronnie got fairly tired of us asking for resolution--none was ever found. We had narrowed it down to just mail on AWH servers and a couple of recipients elsewhere, after doing extensive research (well, extensive for non-techs) on our own on the cpanel and ?WHT forums.

If you just need basic hosting, he's your man (incredibly friendly service for the basics). And for the 8 months I was there, I have to say I was mostly satisfied. I believe the biggest issue is his moving to a new server farm at Hurricane and hopefully that's all better now. But since you asked for experiences...

Managing developement for about 11 sites on four different hosts for clients means that I had to consolidate elsewhere as my margin for error (and disappearing mail) is zilch. And, to Ronnie's credit, he advised me that if he were me, he'd take his clients and go elsewhere. So off we go. But if you're on a more basic level, I'd recommend him.

Good luck.

AWH is recommended...

After having outgrown Ventures Online shared hosting (20GB Bandwidth) limit, I was lucky enough to have found alwayswebhosting. (I believe I was doing my research at this forum and found a great deal with alwayswebhosting )

I have to say that I am amazed at the support and service AWH has shown for the price that I am paying. I have been with them for 4 or 5 months and I have nothing but praises for Ronnie and his support team.

I can definitely recommend AWH...
    Easy Pool Tutor
    Free Billiard Lessons Online
    http://www.easypooltutor.com

Actually, I have to say that I was pleasantly suprised to see AWH succeed.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

I was one of those "bumps" everyone talks about in the server migration. I don't mind bumps -- as a sysadmin, I understand them.

What I minded (and why I left) is Ronnie was not open with me about the problems at the time. And he made it seem like it was my fault (until the end, when he admitted the truth).

Well, it's all in the past (if you search, you'll find my thread), and you will have AWH supporters analyze it as "he did his best, there will always be bumps" (I mostly agree with both these statements).

But ... just remember, going with your gut is also important. And having been the one who had to go through that ordeal, my gut told me it was not the place for me. Hope you will find otherwise.

Good luck!

johnn